7/19 Templeton PMPS 570 +1 481 +2 407 Good to sleep?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by smorgasbord, Jul 19, 2021.

1. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'll let the experts weigh in but I think you should stick with your regular schedule of shooting. When would you have shot again tonight? Stay on that schedule. 12 hours apart. I'm glad you put the "?" in your title. It is possible he got some of the insulin and you never want to take the risk of giving a second shot. We have all given fur shots. We just need to bide our time until the next scheduled shot.

3. smorgasbord

I would give his PM shot at 9pm. Yeah, and he just got a dose increase of .5 yesterday morning as well, so more risky if any of it got in him and not his fur.

4. smorgasbord

And now I can actually leave the house without worrying about him getting too low, but I'm too tired to do anything.
    Oh the irony.

5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You would shoot at your normal time in the PM. Unless you want to change your shot times? This would be a good opportunity to do? If you move shot times earlier you wouldn't have to be up too late testing? 7am too early in the morning for you? :p

Take the day off and just sleep! :bighug:

Would shaving a patch of his fur help in giving him the shots?

6. Hshray

Hshray Well-Known Member

Are you sure that you gave a fur shot or just think so based on the high reading? I’m wondering if he’s just bouncing from last night’s low and the insulin hasn’t onset yet (since you’ve seen higher numbers at +2 before and then have gone down from there). Just a thought since he had that big, fast drop to unfamiliar numbers last night.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  7. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good point, Hilary. Could be just a really high bounce from last night.

Hshray and smorgasbord like this.
  8. smorgasbord

And a thought, there’s also a bounce to contend with. I guess I’ll know for sure around his nadir.

9. smorgasbord

Yes, I just thought of that, low of 60 last night. Very well could be a bounce.

Summer and Susie (GA) and Hshray like this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Do you want to change your shot time? If he's over 400 at +11, you could shoot then. This is a one time only suggestion.

Besides the greens last night, he did a really fast drop to +2 last night. I found the bounces caused by steep drops could be even worse than the "lower # than used to" ones.

A link to yesterday's post and last night's action for continuity: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...mps-434-2-247-3-118-dropping-too-fast.250024/

smorgasbord likes this.
  11. smorgasbord

PMPS 570 (shot went in 20 minutes later) +1.25 481 +2.25 407

Big drop but I can sleep now right? I mean how low could he go?
    @Bandit's Mom

ETA: PM shot given on time, not early.

12. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Definitely. Might as well catch up on sleep when you can!

smorgasbord likes this.