? 7/2/20 Zeke is inching up. Insulin?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by BonnieZeke, Jul 2, 2020.

1. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Zeke’s numbers are already out of greens consistently. He does go down but... are we out of remission? If so start insulin at what dose. .25? I’ve been feeding exclusively FF pate at the same times and checking if not how high do I let it get?
    No other symptoms right now .

2. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Bump. I really need some advice please.

Thelonius likes this.
  3. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

I don’t know why I can’t get help, can someone at least let me know I am heard ?

4. Paula and Rocky

Paula and Rocky Member

I wish I could offer advice :( I'm too new at this . Well wishes for you and Zeke!! :bighug:Hope his numbers drop back down!

5. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I think the forum might be a little more inactive because of the holidays in Canada and US right now. :( Ditto on what Paula and Rocky said, I can't offer advice but hope you can get it figured out quickly. :bighug:

6. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

They did mention here that you could cross-post to the main forum. That might get a little more attention!

7. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Thanks everyone. Just waiting. It’s not an emergency so if I don’t hear , I’ll just do what I think is best.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Has Zeke been to the vet lately? Any chance he needs a dental? I'd get him checked out first, before restarting insulin.

BonnieZeke likes this.
  9. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Ok, will try that.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I had exactly the same thought as Wendy. I'd also see if giving a snack helps to lower the numbers -- will Zeke's pancreas produce some insulin and lower the numbers.

Just in case, make sure there hasn't been a change in the formula for whatever you're feeding Zeke. It's not unusual for a manufacturer to change the formula and a kitty that's sensitive to carbs may show a spike in numbers. I'd see if you get the same response to another low carb food.

BonnieZeke likes this.
  11. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

I do a snack of pate, he never goes more than 4-6 hrs. I’ve scheduled a dental in two weeks. May try a food change. Thanks