7/20 Philly +10 59, AMPS 153, +1.5 229, +4 192, +8 324,PMPS 318,+3 355,+6 335 reduction

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Recent

Since he was still over 200 at bedtime I didn't test him overnight. Now we're two hours before shot time and he's 59!

I left out some Young Again last night so he could snack. I would've thought that would help keep him from going low.

The vet set his reduction point at 60, so I guess we reduce.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Whoa!

Congrats on the reduction :D!

Beck and Philly likes this.
  3. Beck and Philly

When my roommate saw the 59 at +10 she added a bit of kitten chow to his morning snack. He is 101 an hour later, but not sure what is from food.

The plan is to shoot .75 in an hour if he stays above 100. I work from home so I can monitor. Does that sound right?

4. Nan & Amber (GA)

Oh my goodness, just went to look at your spreadsheet and only then realized that you use an AT, so that 59 really was a surprise!!! The kitten chow was probably a good idea under the circumstances!

You've shot a 111 before, but the results were... dramatic. Being able to monitor all day gives you some wiggle room, but personally? I would probably set a higher no-shoot number than 100, I'd want to see clear evidence of him starting to really climb (not just a kitten chow effect). Maybe 150 or above?

Beck and Philly likes this.
  5. Beck and Philly

Ok. 150 is good.

The 111 was a falling number, which was a risk we probably shouldn't have taken. For awhile there he was dropping at shot time.

He's playful right now. He just chased a cat through the house and came back into the room hopping in the air at nothing.

6. Nan & Amber (GA)

:cat:

7. Nan & Amber (GA)

Good point that it makes a difference that he'll likely be rising this time. So 150 doesn't have to be a hard cutoff, if he's reasonably high and you're confident that he's on the way up, you can decide then. 100 just seemed too low to me, esp. on an AT, and after he'd recently eaten some HC kibble (so you have no way of knowing whether it was him going up or the food).

So nice that he's feeling good in these numbers!

8. Beck and Philly

He's in yellow already. Ugh! I hated to take a reduction, but we're trying to follow the plan. I'd love to find the key to consistent greens and low blues.