7/21/20 Olive AMPS 245 +8 85; PMPS 184 +4 49 +4.5 58 +5.5 53 +6.5 50

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Caber Yr 2 Day 289

Looks like she has another uti. Dribbling blood tinged urine. Had to put her in playpen. She is miserable, keeps looking for places to pee. Won't lay down, will only sit on one hip. Waiting on call back from vet. Sent her pics of the drops. Wanting to know if I can get meds today or take her to urgent care.

Dad still hanging on.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Paula I feel awful for her, I really do.I hope the vet gets back to you soon.
    Prayers for your dad Paula. You must be exhausted, please take care of yourself.
    Please keep us posted about Olive :bighug::bighug:

3. Olive & Paula

At ER with Ollie. No vet could see her today. So will be sitting out in parking lot in 90 degree heat. They will do a UA and finally a culture. Will send us home with Orbax. It still going to be a few hours. Any visit here is minimum 4 hrs.

There is this other guy parked next to me and just keeps walking back and forth.

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor little thing, she must feel so miserable; hope you can get meds from your vet!
    Prayers for your dad ! Take care of yourself! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Our posts just crossed.... sorry you have to go through this!!

6. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

OH so sorry Amethyst has a UTI also her meds came yesterday,but a dear friend bought and had Amazon deliver DMANNOSE on Sunday that I am still giving her along with the BUP and Clavamox Please let us know how she is Love,Light and Healing:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Boy oh boy, you have to wait that long. The heat is brutal today. Did they at least take her in or is she in the car with you

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Paula - you have lots of empathy, love and prayers coming at you. So many of us have elder loved ones in trouble along with other people and pets to care for.
    I just hate that you are suffering for the sake of Olive, but it’s also a beautiful thing. Hoping to see a good update soon. More prayers for your dad too.

9. Olive & Paula

My phone kept disconnecting no matter where in their parking lot I was. Anyway, ER convinced it's uti. She piddled a few drops blood. Bladder was empty so couldn't get sample. Ollie wouldn't cooperate for blood pressure (wanted it checked) since new med was started. I asked about med for interstitial cystitis as that has been mentioned a few times now, they said cystitis is from stress (Does her PMPS look like stress to anyone?????). They gave me script for orbax since that's what she had in past, but they don't carry it. If I'd known, I would have asked for whatever they had. Now it's after hours to get it from her vet or urgent care. No human pharmacy carries it. So hopefully tomorrow I can get it from her vet. She will have to stay in playpen overnight. I will give extra fluids and some cerenia since it helps with inflammation even if she isn't nauseous. I will up dmannos to twice a day now.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

My civvie Theo(GA) had idiopathic cystitis. He was a semi-feral, so a little bit nervous generally. One time he went to the vet for a cystitis episode and registered about 220 at the vet - 53 at home the next day. BG wasn't an indicator of cystitis, he got stranger danger. His treatment was fluids, Cerenia, Cartrophen (Adequan equivalent) and I started Cosequin. Food was low carb/low phosphorus, sounds like you are hitting most of the bases already in case it's that.

Sending healing vines for Olive, and these for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug: What a day!

11. Olive & Paula

Cosequin for bladder, that's a new one for me. I read up and that's possibly good for bladder health. She gets dmannose though. Food in low phos is the toughest. She won't eat the few I can get. However, even though the whole earth duck is higher than it use to be I think it's still okay. Carbs are closer to 7% now. I don't give it much. When preshot are in the hundreds I give for shot time to slow down drops, I don't think it works as planned.

12. Olive & Paula

And it's pickle canning time. Got 2 jars done today. Sweet pickles instead of garlic dill. A lot of blossoms on the plants, so I expect to have a few busy canning days in a week or so.

13. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Lots of love,light and healing for Ollie and you also Paula:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you and Ollie went through that today, Paula. Hugs to both of you and healing vines to Ollie. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Olive & Paula

Looks like reducie tomorrow and a bit longish night. Gave honey and gravy. Want to nip this party in the butt. Mom's tired.

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Ollie heard about the pickle making party. :D Cats and their timing. :rolleyes:

18. Olive & Paula

And with uti/cystitis she pulls this.......

19. Olive & Paula

They took her in. I wasted gas running car to keep ac on.

20. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't hesitate to carb her up. Look after yourself too, Paula. :bighug:

21. Olive & Paula

Doesn't want to eat, I've been carbing up. Giving gravy and the food with gravy and honey. She is actually purring away, sleeping all stretched out in the playpen. Guess she is serious about getting this reducie.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  22. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Wow! What a day you and Olive had! I hope you can get the Rx from your vet and get her on the healing track.

Instead of honey and gravy, I've started using an SOS gel from Chewy.com. The results are immediate and it isn't supposed to cause spikes. I used it when Philly hit a 28 and he came up to 81 right away. Just thought I'd share.

20200710_123325.jpg

Pamela & Amethyst likes this.
  23. Olive & Paula

I have it in my next chewy order.

24. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

When Ravan had blood in his urine (UTI) D-Mannose worked in 2 days to clear it up. I now give it to him & Alice a few times a week to prevent any UTI.

Hope Olive feels better soon!
    upload_2020-7-22_10-18-50.jpeg

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  25. Olive & Paula

She gets it daily. I now upped it to twice a day. I think it's more cystitis though.

Sonia & Leo and JoyBee&Ravan like this.