7/21 Teal'c Amps 211 accepted into a genetic study of diabetic cats

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patty & Teal'c, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

7/19

7/20 around +9 he had a vomiting episode but numbers were a high blue. I had just checked him a few mins before and gave him a few pieces of dr Elsey's dry as his treat for being a good boy. It appeared to be brown liquid, the color of his moist food and the few pieces of dr Elsey's. Not sure what caused it, think he inhaled it not even chewed.

I also noticed his numbers have slowly been creeping up. Still not even close to how bad they were, but not as good as they had been for a couple days. A low level bounce??

On a side note he has been accepted into a genetic study of diabetic cats. From their web site: "A new partnership between Anivive Lifesciences and Basepaws has formed to study the genetics of feline diabetes. Cats meeting the study criteria are eligible to receive complimentary genetic testing. Your participation in this study is an opportunity to support scientific exploration of the genes thought to be involved with diabetes. This information will help researchers develop new diagnostic tests, suggest possible preventative measures and explore new treatments for this common feline disease." They are sending a Basepaws test kit to test him with. I know mom was calico but never knew what dad is. Really excited about it.

Going to keep an eye on his numbers hoping they come back down into greens again.

Hope everyone has a good day and all kitties surf safe. Stay safe.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Interesting study - I'd be curious to hear what you find out.

You've been on this dose a while. With TR you don't hold doses too long. He might need a nudge if he doesn't do anything tonight.

Patty & Teal'c likes this.
  3. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

That's what I was thinking as well. Will get a test before I head for work.