7-21 TYLER AMPS -153/105@+4/110@+10/PMPS-102/79@+3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-110-9-pmps-108-107-4-25.232491/#post-2599762

Noted on spreadsheet all along I thought I was shooting 0.10 units, but when I was looking at the syringe it was closer to 0.25 units. You will see 0.25 units in the cell now but this is
    NOT AN INCREASE I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING THE SAME AMOUNT I HAVE BEENSHOOTING ALL ALONG

I INCREASED TYLER'S DOSE TO 0.5 UNITS LAST NIGHT 6-15 -20 NIGHT CYCLE

I INCREASED TYLER'S DOSE TO 0.75 UNITS ON 7-3-20 AM CYCLE

I INCREASED TYLER'S DOSE TO 1 UNIT ON 7-16-20 AM CYCLE

Have a nice day everyone and that all our kitties surf safely :cat:
    I finally put in Tyler's labs and his brother Perry's who has kidney disease, hope no one minds

Pamela & Amethyst likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Tyler slides down today.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I didn't get yesterday's tag until I signed on today. Time for another increase. Your goal is a lot more green than you've been seeing.

I create spreadsheets for my non diabetics too, without the glucose tracking, but because I really like the labs tab.

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi Wendy, this cat is really driving me nuts. Just can't get his numbers down. I figured it would be another increase for him,
    Will most likely increase tomorrow morning.

I love the labs tab also. I put Perry's there because Marje took a look at them for me.
    Thanks Wendy for your help.
    I hope you have a nice day :bighug:

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

1. Yesterday at 9:43 AMEditDeleteReport
      I Moved this over to today's thread so it's current, sorry if it's confusing

2. I[​IMG]
    3. @Deb & Wink
      @Wendy&Neko

@Bron and Sheba (GA)
      @Chris & China (GA)

@Marje and Gracie

Hi Ladies, Getting very frustrated with Tyler's numbers even with the increase, should I hold it longer? I just don't get it, starting on 1-6-20 up until about 4-30-20 he was mostly all green pre shots and during both cycles and that was on 0.25 units, JUST note on the SS it says I was shooting 0.10 units but it was labeled wrong, it was really 0.25 I had been shooting because when I looked at the syringe it was more like 0.25 that I was shooting, I noted that on his SS

Then increased to 0.50 and then 1 unit and almost all blues
      I just don't get it

Like I said the pen I am drawing from was started on 5-7-20
      how could it have lost its potency already

His dose was increased to 1 unit on 7-16-20 to 1 unit
      Everyone agreed to the increase
      Just to re cap when you all agreed to increase to 1 unit
      1. [​IMG]
        Deb & Wink
        Yes, Diane, I agree with the other folks on increasing Tyler's dose to 1U.
        You want to get Tyler out of those blues, and back down to the greens, during the AM cycle too.
        So a dosecrease (dose increase) is due.

It will take time for the insulin depot to fill, so you won't see the full change immediately.

p.s. Trying to answer in your most current thread, so it's less confusing and you only have the one active thread.
        1. this.
        2. [​IMG]
          Wendy&NekoModerator
          You've held this dose longer than you need to. Doses with some green should be held 10 cycles, but you've been seeing higher greens and not a lot. So you've got room for that increase
        1. #1Reply
        2. [​IMG]
          Bron and Sheba (GA)
          I think I would increase to 1 unit. You will have to monitor the pm cycle closely where
        3. he has been giving you greens

Hi Bron, Thank you, I'll probably increase to the 1 unit tomorrow morning , like you said he has been giving me some greens during the night cycle. I will monitor him closely during the night cycle also. :bighug::cat:

Last edited: Wednesday at 8:46 PM
        Tyler’s Spreadsheet
        Wednesday at 8:07 PMEditDeleteReport
        #8Reply
      1. [​IMG]
        Chris & China (GA)
        I agree with going up to 1 unit and see if you can nudge those numbers down just a bit more

6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Almost there Tyler, jump in, but not too deep!! :D

Have a great day Diane!! :)

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

8. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

9. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

I'd go up to a 1.25U dose Diane.

The 1U dose isn't quite getting Tyler back down into the greens.

Here's a silly question. What was the source of the new lantus pen? Anyway that it could be bad? Not stored or shipped properly? Even if the insulin pen is not as effective for some reason, I still think you need to increase the dose to 1.25U. To bring Tyler's numbers back down.

Anything else that changed in the spring, starting around May, like allergies that kick up or perhaps a food change?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Deb & Wink
    Hey Deb I received the lantus pens on 12-31-19. I got them from the supply closet because a members kitty had passed , it was a brand new pack of 4 pens he had which he got from Marks Marine Canada
    They had that square thing on the box that showed they were fine temperature wise, the temperature gauge that's on the Marks Marine box of insulin
    He packed them correctly.
    This pen is from the same batch I got from the member when Tyler was doing so good
    on 1-6-20 up until about 4-30-20 he was mostly all green pre shots and during both cycles and that was on 0.25 units,
    So I'm sure the pen is good, I do store it in the fridge , middle shelf, right in the center

The pen was started on 5-7-20 so it will be 3 months old around Aug 3rd
    I'll see how the increase goes and if nothing changes I might start another pen.
    I would hate to waste what is left only because I can't see how it might have lost it's potency
    Thank you for your advice Deb
    I'll increase tomorrow morning 7-22-20
    No food change and no allergies
    Have a good sleep :bighug::cat:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

There's always a chance that 1 pen can be "bad".....I've heard it a few times here before....someone bought a box of 5 and for some reason, they got bad readings when they started a new pen.

One easy way to know for sure. Try using a different pen. If the readings drastically change, you know that the current pen is bad for whatever reason. If the numbers remain pretty much the same, you can always go back to the current one and use it up.

Also, if you're doing TR, you're holding the dose too long. If you don't get into greens after 6 cycles, go up by .25

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Actually, you can hold doses with nadirs under 200 for 6-10 cycles. I tended to longer if the nadirs were low blues, sooner if not.

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Chris & China (GA)
    Hi Chris , yes I am doing TR , now figure this one out, just tested him @ +3 and he is 79
    Yes I could try using a different pen, should I do that before the increase

Susan & Claudio likes this.
  14. Chris & China (GA)

Isn't that just a cat for you? You think you have them figured out and BAM!!

Since he did get into green, I'd stick with the dose a few more cycles (with the current pen) He may just be one of those cats that takes a little longer for the dose to reach it's peak effectiveness.

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Chris & China (GA)
    OK I'll stay with the 1 unit for a few more cycles and see what happens.
    I just want to boot him right in his fat butt lol
    Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate it .
    Have a good day tomorrow :bighug::cat:

16. Chris & China (GA)

I totally understand....but then we look at them, they blink their eyes and instead of the boot, they get snuggles and hugs. What ya going to do? They have us wrapped around their paws and they know it!

I may not be here too much for a few days. My mom was admitted into the hospital last night with a DVT in her left leg, a large hematoma in her right leg from a fall last Friday that also left her with a big goose egg on her head. When they ran routine bloodwork, they also found she was very anemic so they gave her a transfusion overnight.

They're walking a tightrope because she needs blood thinners for the clot, but by thinning the blood, they risk more bleeding into the hematoma (which if it gets much bigger will have to be surgically fixed)

A lot to deal with when you're 90!!

But I do try to stop by here at least at night before I shut down. Old habits die hard.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  17. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Chris & China (GA)
    Oh Chris I'm so sorry to hear about what your mom is going through
    Walking a tight rope for sure concerning the blood thinners
    Your poor mom, she must feel awful, bless her 90 years old
    It sure does stink getting old, I think about it all the time
    I'll keep your mom in my prayers, promise
    Take care of yourself ok

And yes you are so right about these cats, they do have us wrapped around their paw, that's for sure.
    I kiss him on his nose so hard sometimes that I almost suck the air out of him lol

Feel free to PM me and let me know how your mom is coming along ok ♥:bighug::bighug:

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  18. Susan & Claudio

Susan & Claudio Member

Glad that Tyler finally gave you a green. :D
    Tested Claudio about 30 minutes ago. Got a 66. Down from 145.
    So I better stay awake to retest.
    Don't you know, while I'm waiting, I get on-line with FDMB to see what's going on with everyone.

19. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Susan, that drop must have been a surprise, yep looks like you will for a little while
    I am the same way I get on to see what's going on with everyone, then before I know it it's 3 AM
    I'll see what happens with Tyler the next few cycles, if his numbers don't improve I'll increase it.
    Give Claudio some scritches from me
    Talk to you soon :cat:

20. Susan & Claudio

Susan & Claudio Member

I thought you did increase his dose already.
    Sorry I looked at his numbers, not the dosage.
    Still half asleep.
    Retested Claudio. Now @ 70.
    So I gotta decide if that was a food bump and he'll drop a little again.
    Or him rising because he's on the downside of this cycle.

21. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Susan, no I didn't increase Tyler yet, he is still on 1 unit, will give it another day
    Claudio is giving you nice numbers .
    Talk soon ,have a good day Susan :cat:

22. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Diane

Some cats are “slow responders”. Gracie was. If she was getting into blue BGs, I had to hold her dose a minimum of 11 cycles to see if she would get into some greens. Remember that shots are cumulative so the effect of one layers on the one preceding it.

Having said that, if he continues just a quick dip into green and then goes right back up into blue, I’d increase the dose to 1.25u. What you want to be seeing is either all green or green bookended by blue. If it’s mostly blue with just one test in green and then he heads back up, he needs some tweaking.

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Marje and Gracie
    Hi there Marje, so tonight will be 14 cycles on the 1 unit.
    Do you think it's time to increase tomorrow morning?
    As I said in #5 he was doing so good on less insulin.
    You know me I'm a big worry wart.
    Thank you for getting back to me I appreciate it.:bighug::cat:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  24. Diane Tyler's Mom

25. Chris & China (GA)

I'm not Marje but if he were my cat, I'd go up to 1.25 tomorrow if he didn't do anything crazy tonight.

If 1.25 ends up being too much, we may have to find a dose in between 1 and 1.25 (fun times!)

26. Diane Tyler's Mom

:cat:
    @Chris & China (GA)
    Hi Chris I am going to increase tomorrow morning, I doubt he is going to show me much of anything tonight.
    Waited long enough, please don't say that the 1.25 might be too much, if it is I'll shoot myself lol I don't want any fun times lol

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  27. Marje and Gracie

Sorry...I didn’t see #23 because I was helping over in Kit’s condo :)

I agree with Chris...I’d take him up to 1.25u in the morning if you don’t see some green BGs.

He might just need a kickstart on the 1.25u; it might help him get going...paws crossed.

Things change with cats. Their BG can be influenced by weather even. My Gracie would do great from April to November and every winter, I had to take her dose up. So don’t get attached to a dose that worked great before but isn’t now. We likely won’t know the “why”.

Good luck with the increase!

28. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Marje and Gracie
    Okey Dokey Marje, I'm keeping my paws crossed too, I assume when I increase tomorrow I'll have to give the depot time to fill again.
    Thank you :cat:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  29. Marje and Gracie

Yes...at least six cycles.

30. Chris & China (GA)

OMG....did you actually say that out loud? I hope you have plenty of strips and lots of Karo in the house!!.....LOL

31. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you Marje, thank you for all your help:bighug::cat:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  32. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Chris & China (GA) lol, I don't think I'll need them, PMPS was 141

33. Marje and Gracie

You’re welcome.