7/22 - Shakespeare - AMPS 119

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by dmartini4, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

So it appears that the board has been dow(thought I was going crazy!)
    so here is a recap of yesterday and out day today
    It appears that there was no furshot yesterday,
    Recap:
    7/21+5-430
    +9-286
    PMPS - 245 - SHOT 2.25
    +5.5-98 - fed 8% carb
    +8-139
    7/22
    AMPS - 119 - SHOT 2.0
    +3.5 = 54
    +4 = 58 - fed-6 or 8%carb
    +5 = 93
    +6 = 79 - tsp of 18%carb(got a little scared!)
    +7.5 = 122
    he has been sleeping outside for the last hour under the table and I dont have the heart to test again
    So we are definatley in need of a reduction, but how much
    I was scared to shoot the 2.25 this morning, so I shot 2units since I would be home*thank goodness)
    not sure If I should shoot 2units or 1.75
    any advice
    Thanks and hope everyone had a good day with great numbers!

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Denise!!!!

Here's yesterday's condo: 7/21 Condo :D :D :D

Lovely, lovely numbers and since you are still using the Alpha Trak (right?), then he earned a reduction to 2u (a BG below 80 on the AT earns a reduction) so great job this morning!!! [​IMG]

I'd hold this dose now and see what he does, ok? He's been a little bouncy so he might bounce later BUT the depot can affect several subsequent cycles so if he does go low again tonight, don't worry....we would not reduce again that soon.

Nice that you can bring his numbers up with 6%. Good boy, Shakes!!

Have a great day!

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Very nice numbers for Shakes, and you handled the cycle really well. I too would hold the 2.00 dose and see how it goes. Congrats on the reducie Shakes!

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I agree. The new dose should be 2.00 units. Congratulations on the dose reduction. :D

5. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

You look like an old pro on Lantis... look at those great numbers!!! Nice job handling it Denise!!!

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

As a rule of thumb, with the AlphaTrack, numbers that fall below 80 warrant a dose reduction. When you were feeding 8% on Sat. with the 98, it's possible that Shakes would have dropped below 80 if you hadn't fed. One thing to think about is whether it might make more sense to get a test earlier is the cycle (e.g., a +2 or a +3) so you have some sense of where the numbers are going.

Given your AM cycle, a dose reduction was indicated. According to the TR protocol, you reduce by 0.25u. So, good luck with the new dose.

7. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Wow, Denise, congratulations on the dosecrease! :mrgreen: You handled everything beautifully!

Like Sienne, I'd love to get a bit of a sense of what Shakes does very early on in his cycle. If you can get a (+2) or even a (+1) and then (+2), it'd be great. Don't stress though, k?

Good luck with the new dose. After a couple of days, we'll be able to see what he's going to do with it. Hold on to those BOS! (Actually, that's a weird sense. :mrgreen: )

Thanks for visiting Karre's condo!
    Jane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.