7/23 Mr Kitty OTJ Trial Day 12 - AMBG 72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by FrostD, Jul 23, 2021.

1. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Last post

Day 12!

Well we're all on the mend over here thankfully. Mr Kitty still doing really well considering, so I'm hopeful for a good report from today's chest tap.

@Wendy&Neko im going to get an updated weight for Mr Kitty today, he was about 5.8kg when he started cab, down to 4.5kg at vet last time (including chest fluid). So at 250mcg/mL and recommended dose of 10ug/kg, do I need to reduce cab dose to something more like 0.2? Can I do that immediately or does.it need to be tapered down slowly even with that small change?

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Happy Day 12
    :D:D:D:D:D:D
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Glad you are all feeling better :bighug:

FrostD likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to hear you are all feeling better and that Mr. Kitty is still doing well. Prayers for a great vet visit and happy day 12! :)

FrostD likes this.
  4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Praying for good news along with the vet visit.
    We love you Mr Kitty:kiss: In just two days, all of us will be having a party in your honor!! Tina is getting all gussied up to introduce you to the beautiful water falls and all our other OTJ Kitcats:p:D

Suzanne & Darcy and FrostD like this.
  5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

So mixed news. The good news is the right side had no fluid (previously 15mL). The bad news is left side had 125mL, so almost the same rate of production. But the fluid was clear gelatinous yellow instead of the cloudy gelatinous white. So we'll take it, hopefully this week was the diet and supplement starting to work and get fluid cleared up, and hopefully next week there's less of it.

6. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Too funny! My daughter (almost 2) calls him kitcat (instead of kitty or cat lol)

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds more like good news than bad. I would take that any day.

FrostD likes this.
  8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are all on the mend, Not such a bad report, Praying next week there will be a lot less fluid. Give Mr Kitty a kiss for me , I hope you have a good night Melissa ♥:bighug::bighug:
    Happy Day 12!

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the fluids keep improving. Sending prayers.

Happy Day 12! :):):):):cat::cat::cat::cat::D:D:D:D

10. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Overall, sounds like a hopeful report out. Decreased amount of fluid on one side and a change on the other (even if it's the same quantity at least an indicator that what you are doing is making a difference). And of course, those BGs!! Hopefully that appetite comes back now the vet visit is over...and Mr Kitty took out all his rage on the pool noodle. Glad the humans are feeling better too.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry for the late reply, been swamped. I think you should be Ok going down in small amounts in the cabergoline. It's not like he's been on it a long period of time.

Mr. Kitty is rocking his trial. :D Keeping our paws crossed the fluid amounts reduce now that they are clearing up.:bighug:

FrostD likes this.
  12. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Give the Rutin more time. From what I have read Rutin takes some time to work. Great job getting him to eat it three times a day! Do you put it in baby food?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021