7/24 Butters AMPS 277/ +1 338/ +7 254/ +10 230/ PMPS 209/ +3 220

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday's post
    No real change to Butters' AMPS this morning, in spite of the increase yesterday. She seems to want to stay in the yellows and pinks.:banghead: Hard to believe I was seeing bounces on this dose not long ago. I am actually starting to miss seeing her bounce. Never thought I'd say that!

Have a lovely day/evening, everyone! Hope all of your kitties surf safely.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Butters slides down for you today.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. Butters & Lyla

Thanks Carla. Not looking that way. Got a +1, which is 338. I am not understanding why after so many decreases, she is now high and somewhat flat as I increase.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes when you decrease and their numbers go back up you end up having to go back up higher in dose than you were before to get the numbers to come back down.

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Carla. It’s frustrating but you will get there...it just might take a bit longer.

6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

It is so difficult to be patient with this dance. :bighug: Come on Butters, momma bean would like to see some blue in there!

7. Butters & Lyla

Thanks for the support all. I'm usually pretty patient...except, it seems, with this. "It's a marathon, not a sprint" is ever so slowly starting to stick in my brain. :D

Osha likes this.
  8. Butters & Lyla

Maybe it was the good vibes you all sent: Butters decided to go into the blues. :)So yay for that. Looks like she has been on a downward slide all day, which is what she used to do. It was often slide down all day, then bounce.
    I know that the TR rules state I should shoot a 121, but how do I know that she isn't still sliding down? Should I be stalling? If anyone is around, I could use some guidance please.

9. Butters & Lyla

Just wanted to add, my concern is the sudden steep (I think?) drops over the past two hours. Glad I got a +10. It shows she dropped over 100 points in two hours.

10. Butters & Lyla

I don't know what to do. I only started posting her numbers yesterday, I think. I was doing a terrible job on my own.
    @Wendy&Neko or @Bron and Sheba (GA) if you are out there, would you mind helping me?

I have gone 40 minutes past her insulin time. I will check her numbers again.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Glad you are checking again. An over 100 point drop in two hours at the end of the cycle doesn't seem quite right.

And as I posted on to someone else - nothing wrong with shooting a dropping number - here is the post. The questions is whether you have the supplies and can monitor. Next time, if you decide to do a stall, only wait about 15 minutes. If you wait too long, they can start dropping due to lack of food.

12. Butters & Lyla

Thank you for responding and for the link. The steep drop left me with no clue what to do. I just want to make sure I keep her safe.

She went up to 209 in those 40 minutes. Maybe it was a bad test? I'll never know.

So I'm noting her PMPS as 209 for now in the title. I'll have to look at old posts and see how others indicate a stall.

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Your PMPS is 209, cause that's when you shot. A couple different ways to show you stalled. Method 1 - put +12 121; +12.6 209 in the PMPS cell. 40 minutes is 2/3 of the hour, so .6 or .7 if rounding up. Method 2 - put +12 121 in the +11 cell, leaving just +12.6 209 in the PMPS cell. Either way works.

Good to see Butters came up a bit. Next time you see a test that seems a bit surprising, try a second test to see if it's correct.