7/24 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS= 135

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-23-gideon-blue-amps-253.232592/

I still shot with 135. My cutoff is that he has to be 100+. This is so hard because, I have no idea how low he became during the night, or how much he ate during the night. He could have slept without eating. I have 3 kitties and wet food out all the time except for 2 hrs before Gideon's test. I am wondering if we will see a bounce today, if he went low last night. To me with Gideon, since he is so carb sensitive, not sure if I should base one reading of a low GREEN cause to do a decrease. That is why I didn't decrease a couple of days ago. This is not to say a decrease is not coming. I hope there is one, and that he will continue to improve and perhaps go into remission.

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

This disease is so challenging to navigate. Gideon Blue, keep up the beautiful surf you have going today!

Shiloh567 likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It’s aggressive to do what you are doing but I had to resort to 3 times under for Max before most. I think if you do that you need to really watch carefully which you are doing. For any lurkers this is just for Gideon who is extremely carb sensitive and NOT recommended for anybody else.

4. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

So, should I wait and see how he does today, but plan to decrease to 1.75 units BID tonight?

5. tiffmaxee

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Remind me again why you didn't reduce with that 65 on the AT on the 20th?

7. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

The 65 was barely at the cutoff to decrease, and his values were looking good
    I guess I wanted to have another value that would warrant the decrease, just so I knew it I was doing the right thing by decreasing. It seems like we keep going up and down with his doses, though we were away for a week, and had to decrease while we were gone.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  8. tiffmaxee

Did you shoot 2.0?

9. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

His BG is 511, so I think I should decrease to 1.75 units, because he is bouncing.
    I did decrease to 1.75 units BID. He is drinking a lot, and appetite is just fair tonight.
    I gave him a B12 shot, because he wouldn't take his oral B12.
    10pm BG = 403.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

He's a big time bouncer isn't he...I hope he gets over that soon...it takes time...but eventually he'll get used to the lower numbers...takes time...hang in there.

11. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Yes he is.

12. tiffmaxee

It will get better. :bighug: It might help to try to keep him from getting into green with mc food a couple hours before he usually hits nadir. Get him nice and used to the 100’s.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Ok. That sounds like a plan. I will have to look at MC food tomorrow, but I do have some. He did not eat real well tonight before his insulin, but my husband did feed him some steak after the test!!!! Trying to keep him on cat food only. His next test is at 10p. I am working tonight, so won't be here. So for now, I will keep his dose at 1.75 units. He must have went low last night or even today for him to bounce to the BLACK. He is currently very thirsty. His drinking had decreased with his good numbers. Thank you all.

14. tiffmaxee

There’s nothing wrong with steak. I used freeze dried human chicken as treats.

15. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Yes, I use freeze dried chicken also. Gideon has been drinking so much tonight! I gave him a B12 shot. I couldn't get him to take his oral B12. He ate a tiny bit of baby food. My husband said he would wake to test him if I wanted. He knows I am very worried about Gideon. His ears are warm and he is not putting.

16. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

10PM BG = 403. My husband says he is purring, but not eating.

17. tiffmaxee

It sounds like he’s not feeling well. Does he go through periods where he won’t eat? I hope he’s better in the morning. Do you check for ketones?

18. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

He was doing super all day, but around the 7pm test I could tell something had changed and he did not feel well. I was thinking about testing for ketones after he had already used the box, and I am at work. I will try tomorrow. Hopefully, it is just the bounce to the BLACK that has him a bit under the weather. When his diabetes was diagnosed, he had not eaten in two days, and I was syringe feeding him, giving fluids, and Cerenia. He was back to normal by day 3. It was a miracle how he turned around so quickly. Hoping tomorrow is a good day for him. If he doesn't eat in the AM, I will start to syringe him a bit.