7/24 Juggie PMPS 202 +4 56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DenaRox, Jul 24, 2021.

1. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

Previous

Hi guys. We just got a BG @ +11 of 212. We will test again at PMPS but I’m just wondering if we will then give him his on shot? We skipped his on shot yesterday and didn’t get to take any other BG until this +11. Assuming his BG is around the same would we then give his shot? I will of course update when we have actual PMPS numbers

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Will you be able to test tonight after pmps? If so you have a shootable number.

3. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

Assuming we can get blood yes. We tried last night and just couldn’t get enough blood for meter to read. Tried both paws. (He goes completely feral if we try his ears, like whips his head back and forth and won’t sit still) but +11 we got a nice drop from paw so fingers crossed for pmps and later too.

I really am trying for more testing

4. tiffmaxee

I understand. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

We just did his pmps and it was 202. Will give shot and do another bg at +4 or 5

6. tiffmaxee

Very good.

7. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

Just took Juggies BG at +4and it’s 56. His pmps was 202. Should I not have shot at 202? He seems fine. Was just outside for a walk on leash before we took bg. Is this scary numbers? I’ve never seen numbers so low. It is his feeding time soon as he always gets midnight snack at +4 to +5, should I feed him his normal ff or give him some high food from his kit?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

56 is a normal number with a human meter. Do you have some medium carb? What %?

9. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

I read this in the hypos info sticky which says low number is 40-60 which is why I’m worried.

LOW NUMBERS – WITHOUT SYMPTOMS
    Retest glucose using a large blood sample to make certain you have enough blood, and if you still get a low number (40 – 60mg/dL or 2.2 – 3.3mmol/L) give food or treats until the blood glucose numbers rise to an acceptable level. If the cat refuses to eat even his/her favorite foods, you can syringe feed or administer a small amount of syrup.

The only other food we have is high carb ff gravy lovers or friskies kibble

10. Bandit's Mom

Give him a spoon of the FF Gravy Lovers. Do you think you will be able to get another test in an hour?
    I see from your SS that you have difficulty testing him.

Please reduce the dose to 0.75U from tomorrow.

11. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

I just got another test in +4.25 and it’s 2.9 (52.2) Shiuld I still give him a spoonfull and retest in hour

12. Bandit's Mom

It takes 20 mins for the food to affect the numbers. Have you given him one spoon of the gravy lovers already?

DenaRox likes this.
  13. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

Yes. Just now. He’s thoroughly enjoying.

he devoured and wants more food. Like licked bowl clean and is tossing it around crying. It is his normal feed time now where he normally gets 1/2 can ff pate. What do I do?

14. Bandit's Mom

Give him his 1/2 can FF Pate. Add another teaspoon of gravy lovers to it.

Test at +5.

Btw, you can take off the 911 from your title now. I have eyes on your condo. Thanks :)

15. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

Ok thank you for your help. I will remove the 911 alert from title. Thanks so much for keeping me sane :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.