7/24 Monty: AMPS 130, +10 110, PMPS 113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Monty, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

I'm wondering again if a dose increase to 0.25 should be done.

Looking at sheets for other cats that went OTJ I see they were in greens 90% of the time before dose decreases. On 0.1U Monty is holding nicely under the renal threshold 100% of the time but he's not (often) getting into the normal range.

2. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

Posing for me once again

Attached Files:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  3. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

Also, no one is going to be home during between PM and PM+6, looking at his recent PM numbers, I think it's safe to shoot at 110+. Should I skip below 110?

A recent PM shoot at 108 took him down to 90@PM+4

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With TR you could increase provided you monitor closely. Cats that successfully go into remission are in normal numbers. I’m not sure why you ever reduced when you did as I don’t see a drop under 50.

Just saw nobody can monitor at night until +6. In that case I wouldn’t increase but I wouldn’t skip either as he’s not getting low on this dose.

5. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

The drop from 0.5 to 0.25 was following SLGS protocol. 0.25 to 0.1 was me being too afraid to shoot newer, lower numbers meaning I skipped too many (based on SLGS skip and token thresholds). I shoot lower numbers now anyway so wouldn't have made the same decision today which is one of the reasons I'm thinking of going up to 0.25 again.

The skips before that were me being inexperienced and being given conflicting advice from my vet and this forum. I now mostly ignore my vet's input on dosing.

I'm following TR as of around a week ago.

6. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

The dose increase I will do on Sunday AM. Similar tomorrow night with no one home in PM cycle

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I see. Your ss says TR. With SLGS you should stay with the current dose. You need to be able to monitor possibly for more than one night in a row. It might take a few cycles to see what the increase would do.

8. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

I've been following TR for a week since I switched to human glucometer. I'll make the increase Sunday AM, I have 6 consecutive nights where I'll be home then.

9. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

PMPS 113, shooting 0.1U and heading out

tiffmaxee likes this.