7/24 Osha AMPS 150 PMPS 110 / Small Kitty AMPS 136 PMPS 69

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Good afternoon,

It has been a really long time since I have posted. Things are going ok.

Between Osha's diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure and IBD, the IBD seems to be the hardest on her. With the ziwipeak venison, the probiotic and Budesonide, she is having normal, but soft bowel movements. The most noticeable side effect is the amount of weight she has lost. She is just skin and bones. I give her ziwipeak anytime she asks for food, but she is still losing weight. Hubby @Photorecon was in the hospital for brain surgery (deep electrode seizure monitoring) and the really low BG numbers were stressing me out, so she went a few days without insulin. She took some pretty scary dives on me and it is so difficult for her to tolerate the gravy food. I snuggle with her every chance she gives me. :cat::cat:

Small Kitty is being, well....Small Kitty :rolleyes: He loves the rainbow.

I hope everyone is doing well!
    :)
    Amanda and Kitty Osha and Small Kitty

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:I :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see you Amanda. I hope the surgery will give Sebastien and you some answers. Is there another novel protein you can try for Osha?

Osha likes this.
  4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I probably should start trying some other foods. I was just so happy when the ziwipeak venison stopped her diarrhea, that I kept with it. She has a pretty decent appetite, but it's nothing like she used to be o_O, and is eating way more of this food than I would allow her to eat of the fancy feast. It's so difficult to balance all of her conditions.

The surgery for Sébastien went well. He had 14 rods and electrodes put into his brain. He was in the hospital for 2.5 weeks, but they found out his seizures are coming from the left hippocampus. He has another brain surgery on August 17th to put in a neuropace RNS device. It's kind of like a pacemaker, but for the brain. We are hopeful that this will stop most of his seizures.

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws crossed for all of you!

Photorecon and Osha like this.
  6. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!

It's also been quite a while I set foot on the forum, thanks to my wife to have opened the door.

The time in hospital has been very hard on me. Even with full set of drugs to control my epilepsy I'm having a seizure nearly every week. With nothing running in the blood it was a line up of one after another. Glad we're now done with this investigation and the neurologists know the epicentre of the disease. Now left is to implant the neuropace to cancel the thing.

Thank you honey to have taken care of the kitties for me
    LOVE YO U ❤❤❤

7. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Prayers and good thoughts for all!

8. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope this procedure will be a new beginning for you.
    Stay snug and safe. :bighug:

Photorecon, tiffmaxee and Osha like this.
  9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the neuropace takes care of things. I hope you can find some food that will work for Osha. Sending prayers.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Osha is on such an itty bitty dose. How much does she weigh now? Was she ever formally diagnosed with IBD with a endoscopy or biopsy? Just wondering if there is something else at play with the weight loss.

Have you tried adding karo to her regular food? Neko couldn't handle the wheat in gravy either.

Take care both of you. I hope the next surgery really works for you Sebastian.

Photorecon likes this.
  11. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy! She weighs 7.8lbs. No, she was never formally diagnosed, so I guess I should say her suspected IBD. Something else could absolutely be going on.

Thank you so much for mentioning the karo. I don't know why I didn't think of that! :cat:

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The common conditions that can cause weight loss (and hunger with it) are diabetes, hyperthyroidism and small cell lymphoma. The first you've got controlled, the second I seem to remember you got tested in bloodwork, the third can look a lot like IBD. However, SCL doesn't need novel proteins. The other thing that can cause weight loss that is sort of related to the GI issues, is low vitamin B12. Has Osha ever had her B12 checked? It's a common low item in both IBD and SCL. Supplementation is a shot you can give at home.

Osha likes this.
  13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending all good thoughts to you, Sébastien, for a successful outcome to your ordeal. Lots of hugs for you and Amanda and scritches for Osha and Small Kitty.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hang in there, Amanda. Sending lots of vines for Osha's issues.
    I'm glad that the doctors have a plan for Sébastien's seizures and thinking good thoughts for his upcoming surgery. Sending prayers, hugs, and greetings to you all.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.