7/25 Cassie AMPS 88 +1 103 +2 90 +4 75 +6 114 PMPS 295 +3 387

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abby and Cassie, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Previous post

Morning!! WOW look at that low number! I retested to be sure and rt was 90. Her PMPS last night was 315 and +3 was 359. I'm wondering if she went too low, or if she followed her pattern of staying about the same as her nadir (for example 7/13 on my SS)

I still went ahead and gave 1.5 shots. I wanna keep her nice and low. :) have a good day everyone! We finally got a nice thunderstorm last night, our monsoon season is here in Arizona and I'm loving it.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Surf! Surf! Surf!:D

Abby and Cassie likes this.
  3. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Wow look at that AMPS. With you shooting that # you might as well say you're following TR now. Since this is technically your first green shot(last time was FS) I would def get that +1 just to see what Cassie has in store for today. Cassie may be on a bounce breaking cycle, which means you may need to monitor a little more closely today. It could be an exciting cycle today. I'll keep an eye out for you. Do you have plenty of supplies...test strips, Medium carb/high carb food?

ETA: And Karo, honey or maple syrup.
    Not trying to scare you, just trying to be prepared;)

4. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I'll change my signature then officially! I have everything I believe. I don't know if I have medium carb food..I have her normal friskies pate poultry platter, and then I have fancy feast gravy lovers, so extra high carb LOL. But I also have my karo syrup, test strips, etc. I also have a supplement I got for her a few weeks ago but I didn't realize the two main ingredients were corn syrup and sugar..so I was holding off on giving it to her unless her numbers were too low and they needed bumped up. Could I give a little bit of that to her instead of the karo syrup? That way she at least gets some vitamins and supplements in! Here is the supplement I got her: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00076HUAA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. tiffmaxee

Is there a reason why you bought PetTinic? Did labs show any high or low values you are concerned about? Pet Tinic has iron and B vitamins which can be necessary if anemic. If not I’m not sure that the iron is needed.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  6. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I got it when I first started poking her ear and was worried the blood loss was causing anemia (lol :rolleyes:), but I think it was actually around the time she was going hypo from 2 units. I was thinking it could be good just in case she was low in anything..Like if I have to give her some sugar I could give her something that has a few more health benefits. But does that mean it's dangerous to give if she is fine in all her levels?

7. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Oh and quick sidenote...on my memories on facebook, this day last year I found out Cassie was diabetic. Check out how she looked one year ago!! She looks AMAZING now.

[​IMG]

8. tiffmaxee

Iron can be constipating and if all her labs are good I personally would hold off until or if she needs the support. Just my opinion but before using I definitely would ask your vet. When I used Karo it was rare and just a few drops mixed with hc did the trick. Of course ECID.

9. Briere Fur Mom

If needed, I would use the gravy lovers or Karo. Like Tiff mentioned above, I probably wouldn't use the pet tinic unless indicated by the vet for anemia or a vitamin deficiency(as already stated).
    Sorry for the late reply. Was trying to read all the new posts and edit my post accordingly.:banghead: I'm SLOW today Aaaahhh!!!

ETA: NEED MORE COFFEE

10. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Thanks guys! I'll hold off on pet tinic then. :) Cassie already struggles sometimes with constipation so I'm glad you warned me.

11. Briere Fur Mom

Good #. I hate to tell you to poke him again but, get that +2. If there is a drop just need to stay ahead of it.

12. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Will do!! I remember when I first learned all about diabetes on this site, and people said your cat would run to the test spot after getting used to it. I couldn't believe it! But it's so true, testing is so easy because Cassie will literally bolt to the spot I test her at because she knows food follows. Sometimes she jumps up and waits there when we still have 30 mins to go before food time. :joyful:

13. Briere Fur Mom

Most cats do learn to appreciate being tested, so to speak. They seem to understand that we're helping them.
    You're such a silly kitty Cassie:cat:

14. Briere Fur Mom

Most cats do learn to appreciate being tested, so to speak. They seem to understand that we're helping them.
    You're such a good kitty Cassie:cat:

15. Briere Fur Mom

Sorry about the double post. Either my internet or the forum is having issues. After hitting post reply nothing appeared even after refreshing the page 2x. Then opened the forum on a diff window to see if the post appeared....it hadn't. So hit the post reply button again and now we have 2 identical posts LOL!

16. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

That happened to me the other day! I posted identical threads twice. Nothing was loading, I'm glad it didn't register that I had clicked it 5 times or so. LOL

17. Briere Fur Mom

Looking good Cassie! Grab that surfboard and hold on tight:D:D:D:joyful: