7/26 Cosmo AMPS 594, +2.5 529, +5 527 pics

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thebigfuzz, Jul 26, 2020.

1. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...0-pmps-535-2-490-picture.232692/#post-2601919

Back to black this morning. After his +2 last night, it's possible he went a little lower last night? He has been eating at all the wrong times, I think. We haven't wanted to deny food for him while he was regaining his strength. He has always been free fed. He eats larger meals overnight and snacks during the day. He isn't hungry between +8-+10, but then hungry at +10-11. Unfortunately, his current eating isn't really around shot time. I'm not sure how to get him onto a better eating schedule?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Is he still eating primarily high carb gastro food? Are you feeding him at +10-+11? Do you think he'd object if you lifted his food from +10 to preshot but had it available the rest of the times?

3. thebigfuzz

He is eating entirely gastro high carb food. Wet and kibble (we do drench about 1/8 cup of kibble in 1/4 cup of water so it is wet, soggy and chewy).

Sometimes we let him snack within 15 mins of +10. I don't think he would object at this point. A few weeks ago, we were just excited to see him eat anything. He does eat about 1/4 cup of kibble (turns into about 1/2 cup once the water absorbs) and 1/4 can of wet overnight. Definitely just grazes all day, but about 75% less than at night. Sometimes the first time he really wants food during the day is in the early evening when we eat dinner (+9, +10). Maybe we should change his shot time to 6-7am/pm rather than 9am/pm? Not sure how to go about that, but could take a month right?

4. thebigfuzz

5. thebigfuzz

DSCPDC_0002_BURST20200726132033666.JPG

Cosmo is 'exercising' today walking to the door to the yard and took up this spot on the grass. Enjoying the beautiful weather :cat:

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

You can move his shots by 15 minute increments twice a day ...shouldn't take you too long to move a few hours to 6 am/ 9 pm - as long as its consistently 12 hours apart for one full day....I've done it a few times...just takes a bit of planning. I like to write the times of the shots on my SS - so each day because I'm moving the shot time up I give myself a reminder to make the necessary changes in my schedule.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The earlier shot times definitely makes it easier to get a meaningful "before bed" test, and still get some sleep. As Sue suggested, you can move the schedule up 2 hours over the course of 4 days, so it doesn't take long. You have a choice of 15 minutes each shot, or 1/2 hour once per day. I used to move shot time around regularly for a monthly board meeting that occurred at my normal +11, or events in the morning. Since I wrote the details in a log book, it was easy for me to track the changes.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  8. thebigfuzz

Thanks! I'll talk it over with DH and see what he thinks!

9. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Just came here to say those are beautiful photos of Cosmo! What a handsome dude. Love those whiskers. :)

thebigfuzz likes this.