7/27 Disco AMPS 164/+2.75 150/ +6 123/+8 106/+11 121/PMPS 105/+1.75 76/+2.5 95/+5.25 201/+8 291

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), Jul 27, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Last Condo 7/24: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...8-pmps-156-3-5-66-photos.232639/#post-2601358

Well, I think the last of the summer family visits are over and maybe I can get back to a routine of posting here regularly again!

Disco got up to his 'tricks' again on Saturday 7/25. He tricked me into thinking it was ok for me to go on a 3 hour river float (although if anyone knows from experience--by the time you load up the vehicles, unload, inflate rafts and finally get into the water, it turns out to be more like 4.5 hours!).

He'd had a few unremarkable days previously, no dangerous dips and even time at the beach and lagoon. He'd been on the reduced 3.25u dose for 12 cycles, so once again he must have heard me thinking about an increase, so in spite of AM +2,+3,+4's in very safe numbers (210-292), and feeding him some MC right before I left, when I tested him 4 hours later, he gave me a 37!!!! I fed him and retested every 30 minutes and he quickly rose to 110. I wondered if it was a flukey test until I got his AMPS the next day of 486!

Is there something I missed that could have predicted this drop? My mom and one brother stayed home and said he became very vocal (hungry when he started dropping?) which they noticed as he had been napping on the previous visit when we went floating. If I had told them to feed him twice 30 min apart if he woke up and they had given him some MC, may have been able to stop the drop? Even if I don't have an inkling that he might drop if I am away more than 3 hours, I am thinking I need to separate him and leave a small amount of food out for him. I know that the increased carbs only affect the numbers for a couple of hours, right? I do need to get a smaller timed feeder rather than the big one I have as when he's in his tent, there's pretty much just enough room for a cat bed and a litter box. It's tough also because I am trying to get him to lose weight, but guess if his total calorie intake doesn't increase (ie: feed smaller meals at AM/PM mealtimes so the snacks are still within the calorie total).

But did have a nice visit with 2 of my brothers from out of town, had a mini 90th birthday celebration for my mom at her house (the big bash of 50 people was cancelled due to Covid, but we had a nice group of 10, and all distanced ourselves and had a catered Tapas meal delivered). And Disco enjoyed lounging on the deck and getting lots of attention, too! I've attached a few pix from the day!

Attached Files:

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Your ss look a lot like Max his first year. I don’t know any way you could have predicted the drop. I’m glad you had fun!

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Disco don't scare your momma like that anymore, nice job at bring him up
    Congrats on the reduction, looks like he's doing good today.
    Those pics are making me hungry
    Bless your mom 90 years young :cat:

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

7/25 looks a lot like 7/05, which was 13 cycles after the previous reduction as well, though that had a skip. That’s the only pattern I saw with a quick look.

Happy birthday to your mom.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Disco was okay. Happy Birthday to your mom.