? 7/27 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS = 522!!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-26-gideon-blue-amps-388.232702/

Good Morning!

After a pretty good BLUE day yesterday, Gideon is now in the BLACK! So, does this mean even the BLUES are too low for him? He continues on 1.75 units, which I decreased from 2 units. I am really not sure what to do. He looks fine and is eating well.
    Looking for suggestions. Do I just stay on the same path and hope he evens out?
    We are 2 1/2 months into this adventure.

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Ouch! Gideon Blue, please come back down!!

I don't have any dosing advice, but I am sure someone will help soon.:bighug::bighug:

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

To me it looks like a failed reduction. See what others say.

4. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

So I shouldn't have reduced?
    I guess you can't please everyone. Some folks wondered why I held off in the reduction, and when I did it, now we are worse off. I really have no idea what to do at this point. So now he will now just stay in the BLACK and RED? I would welcome some opinions, though not all will agree, I know. My vet wanted me to hold steady at 2 units, but Gideon went low, then bounced. I know it is better to be in the higher numbers than hypo, but he is way too high.
    Is there a chance his body will adjust to the 1.75 units. I think I am driving my husband nuts.

5. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

I myself I’m having trouble deciphering what a failed reduction is and yes I’m driving myself crazy with Disco’s varying numbers and my family comments behind my back that he’s controlling my life but that’s how I need to have it and I’m so glad I’m retired and can’t deal with it but I still would like to be able to predict what he’s going to do a little bit better than every time I test him feeling like I’m playing a slot machine and wondering what number is going to pop up…

LindyNova, Shiloh567 and Marj & Djoko like this.
  6. tiffmaxee

No you should have reduced but sometimes a reduction fails. Max failed every reduction for a long time. Gideon also could be bouncing still.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Shiloh567 likes this.
  7. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Gideon's little liver is not yet adjusted to having numbers in the normal (green/blue) range. What you are seeing is the effect of a bounce from the Blues, believe it or not, and quite possibly the 96 the other day. (from what I remember it can take 6 cycles for a bounce to clear.) Make sure he didn't get into any forbidden foods. It is SO frustrating in the beginning...they bounce SO easily--seriously, when Nova first started surfing yellow, she would bounce back into reds. And, yes there is a chance he could adjust, but there is also the chance that you'll have to go back up in dose. Re-read the TR guidelines (i still have to after 7-8 months) Keep in mind....just when you think you can predict what will happen, our kitties throw us a curveball. :banghead: Hang in there, it's a marathon, not a race, and the cats are in charge of the ever-changing route. :bighug:

Shiloh567 likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

It took Max a year to stop bouncing and longer to become tightly regulated. After several months I started waiting for 3 drops under 40 to reduce. I think you are way too early in this to go that route. I just looked at his first ss and I started the 3 under 50 after 6 months.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    LindyNova and Shiloh567 like this.