7/27 Monty: AMPS 122, +10 113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Monty, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

Hi all. Monty had a poor appetite last night and ate at weird times so probably had affected his BG.

Because I had to inject 90 minutes late to be sure he'd eat, it's pushed his inject time to 7.45pm tonight.

I need to leave my house at 6.20pm, what should I do about the injection - is it better to skip or inject 85 minutes early?

2. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

Another option could be to inject when I'm home between 10 and 11 PM but then I'd need to work back from a late injection time and it's a high risk it was would cause another schedule issue later.

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Just to be sure I understand, you have shot the AMPS (122) insulin dose 90 mins late just now, and you are asking about tonight’s shot?

4. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

Correct, 122 was this morning, already injected 0.1U at 8am.

Tonight I need to leave at 6.20pm and won't be home until between 10 and 11 pm.

The injection delay was caused by poor appetite last night. His appetite is fine this morning.

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I would not give the insulin 90 mins early.
    Your options are either skip the dose or you could give the dose 18 hours after your normal am dose time, after you get home , skip the am dose and then give the normal pm dose at the normal time. Do you understand what I mean?

6. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

Perhaps I'll skip, previous no shoots with Monty have made little impact to his next pre shoot numbers.

And yes I'm understand what you mean by having two 18 hour cycles. Would you think that's preferable to a skip? Does it depend on the cat?

Monty's sheet tells me previous skips don't really throw his numbers too much.

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

It shouldn’t hurt him at all. Just make sure he eats well even if he isn’t getting insulin.

Tom & Monty likes this.