7/28 Cassie PMPS 103 +3 54 3.5 59 +4 47 +5 57 +6 66

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abby and Cassie, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Previous POst

Good morning everyone!! Cassie must've heard me complaining about her high numbers last week and now she's proving me wrong. I ordered a pack of toy mice that are infused with catnip and "silver vine." Apparently another herb that is even stronger than catnip that cats love. Well all the cats LOVE these toys. Cassie was batting them around during the night, and our civvie Gandalf laid on top of all of them and fell asleep lol.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Beautiful cycle today. 14 point variation(so far) throughout the day. Way to work the juice Cassie!!:D:D:D
    Have a great evening Abby:)

I've not heard of silver vine. Will have to google it. Glad the kitties are enjoying the new toys.:cat:

Abby and Cassie likes this.
  3. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I know I'm so proud of her!! It was a great cycle today!

I never heard of it either! I wonder if it's related to the catnip plant. I once had a cat who loved carrot peels more than catnip, she'd have the same reaction to it. We would peel carrots and put some on a plate for her, and she would sniff and go crazy and play with them. It was so funny! Hope you have a lovely evening too!

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  4. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Oh boy, looks like I'm staying up tonight. 54. I'm thinking she'll be earning a reduction to 1.25 tonight!

5. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I changed the title to be a bit shorter so I can update for PMPS entries. Here is what her AM numbers were: AMPS 87 +2.5 93 +4.5 101 +8 96

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd go ahead and give her a couple teaspoons of her regular food and test again about now (I'm thinking you probably already did give her some food when you first posted)

7. Chris & China (GA)

Cassie doesn't official earn the reduction until you catch her under 50. Trust me, when a cat's ready to earn a reduction, they're going to do it.

We don't try to "predict" what would have happened if we did or didn't feed.

Remember, you really want her to stay on insulin as long as it's safely possible to give the pancreas the best chance to rest and recover.

For now, you just want to feed her enough to encourage her to surf....not drop any more but not send her to the moon either.

She is now officially a "long term" diabetic too.....they don't earn reductions until they drop below 40 (or below 50 three times)

8. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I haven't given any food yet, was gonna wait until I saw the official 49 and below number. I just tested and she's at 59. Since I'm staying up and testing I figured it might be okay to hold off on food so I could get some good data and see what number she's gonna go to without food influence. So far so good, fingers crossed she behaves tonight!! I'm glad I clarified tonight about the dose reduction in case she doesn't go below 50, because I probably would've given 1.25 tomorrow morning and she's been doing great on 1.5 so far. :cat: Thanks so much for helping Chris!!

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  9. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Wow I had no idea! That's a bit relieving to hear that she gets more wiggle room, LOL.

10. Chris & China (GA)

We consider them "long term" when they've been diagnosed for a year....Cassie's over a week past that....LOL

I would usually try to stay up later to watch for you but I have to be out in 5 hours to deal with some health issues with my mom.

@Bron and Sheba (GA) usually checks in late since she's in Australia and it's evening there.

If you need to, don't forget to use the 911 in your subject line if you need it!

11. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

hahah my poor girl! We celebrated her 1 year diabetes anniversary with some extra chicken treats last week hahaha.

I hope your mom is okay, I'll be thinking of you! Get lots of rest, thanks so much for dropping in and helping me. :bighug:

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m around if you need me. I’ll check in later to see how it’s all going.

13. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Thanks so much! :)

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  14. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I see she dropped to 47. I’d test again in30 mins. You may need to give more than low carb food.

15. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I gave her 3 tsp of food and tested just now (+5), and she's at 57. Gave one more tsp of canned food. I could give her some ff gravy too, do you think I should now or give it after next test?

16. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I
    Now she’s come up over 50 There is no need to give any higher carb food.
    Only need to give the higher carb food if she’s under 50.

17. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I just gave another tsp of food and now I'm going to get a little bit of sleep. :) I'll probably only update if I'm panicking with an extra low number, that way I can just hop right back into bed after I check on her LOL. Thanks for keeping an eye on me! Have a good night/morning! :)

18. Bron and Sheba (GA)

You will need to keep checking for an hour or two longer. It’s that what you are intending to do but only post if worried?