7/28 Disco AMPS 258/+2.25 336/+7.75 330/+9 295/PMPS 232/+2.5 245. Photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), Jul 28, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...mps-105-1-75-76-2-5-95-5-25-201-8-291.232756/

Well, it’s mid-afternoon on Tuesday and so far no time at the beach… So Disco will probably trick me and go to the beach after dark!

@Wendy&Neko said the only thing she could see as a possible reason for his unexpected dip to 37 on 7/25 was that his SS looked a lot like 7/05, which was 13 cycles after the previous reduction as well, though that had a skip. I’m wondering if I had increased his dose at the beginning of, say, cycle 10, would he have dropped?

I probably have this wrong, but when he dips so low, is his body telling me his insulin dose is too high? So I do a decrease. But if I had done an increase a couple of days before because I wasn’t seeing enough numbers healing green numbers, wouldn’t that have the same effect a higher dose and a big dip? I don’t know why I find this so confusing!

I hope this isn’t a picture that I’ve posted before! Disco’s sitting in my mom’s drift boat looking like he needs a fishing buddy!

Attached Files:

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You are seeing a bounce today from last night’s greens. Those were good numbers and he didn’t drop to the point that you need to reduce. I’d hold this dose. Cats bounce until the get used to lower numbers. Max bounced for a year. All you can do is follow the protocol and get a good pair of patience pants. :bighug:

3. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Thankful for your experience and being part of Disco’s Care Team!