7/29 Chandler - AMPS 41 (@ +11.5), RT 185 @ +11.6

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ashley & Chandler, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Ashley & Chandler

Ashley & Chandler Member

This is the first time below 50 for him - he was at 55 last night too. This is also with 2 rounds of food with 12% & then 20% carbs.

Do I skip the dose? Do I give him HC food again & do the TR reductions since it's below 50? Do I need to get the Karo syrup??

Please help, panicked mom here!!

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

HOLD. Don't feed. Test again in 20 minutes to see which way he's going.

He has also earned a reduction.

3. Ashley & Chandler

Ashley & Chandler Member

I tested again a few min ago, which was 10 min later than the 41 & it is reading 185.

Now I'm thinking maybe I need a new meter or the calibration solution for this one....

4. Sue and Luci

A back up meter is always handy to have on hand. Do you have another package of strips? That's quite a difference with no food...please test again.

Please try to keep your SS updated...in order to enter another number into the cell, if you're on a computer, within the cell, hit return while holding down the ctrl key. Then you can enter the other numbers..you may have to recolor the cell manually too.

5. Ashley & Chandler

Ashley & Chandler Member

Yes I do have more packs of strips - do you just mean that I have more due to the use from frequent testing or should I get a strip from a new bottle?
    He's acting totally fine so I was shocked to see the 41 the first time.

6. Sue and Luci

Open a new package of strips... we've seen bad strips give crazy results. It could be that batch (in the first bottle) is bad...or just the one strip.

Let's see what the next couple of tests are...if you get 3 that are close to one another, then that's probably the most likely blood glucose level...what a shocker though!

7. Ashley & Chandler

Ashley & Chandler Member

Just tested again (about 10 min from last one) - same bottle of strips though - & it was 196

8. Sue and Luci

I'm leaning toward bad strip on that first test...

Just to confirm, he has not had any food since the first test, correct?

9. Ashley & Chandler

Ashley & Chandler Member

Correct, I haven't fed him yet

The high 100s, approaching 200s makes more sense with him, especially because it was lower last night so his last food was 20% carbs.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Sue and Luci

Chandler looked good this morning. How'd he do the rest of the day?