7/29 Kingston AMPS 398 +4 206

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mags920, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Mags920

Mags920 Member

Not sure what is going on with him. I did an 18 hour curve yesterday & his #'s weren't bad but I can't explain this sudden spike as nothing has changed in his routine.

2. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Strange. I’m not sure either. I was pleased with his numbers yesterday’s for being his sixth full day on insulin.

I wouldn’t think that it was a delayed bounce from the blues the day before, but maybe? See what others think. I’ll watch your spreadsheet tut see what happens today.

You don’t have dry out for any of the cats at all, right? Because my first thought would have been that he snuck a high carb Scooby Snack from somewhere but I don’t think you do.

3. Mags920

Mags920 Member

No dry out, never, even before he moved in because I was trying to get Jack to loose weight. When I did give some dry to the other boys I stayed in the room, gave him wet & removed any leftover dry immediately.

4. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

206 at +4 is decent enough. I wouldn’t be unhappy with that.

Since you’ll have been in insulin 7 full days after today, you can probably consider a .25 unit dose increase tomorrow morning. Not “reacting” to the high number this morning, because Lantus is dosed based on the nadir, but just because it is time to do so.

5. Mags920

Mags920 Member

I just did another test. +7 224 using Prime & 234 with Confirm.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With meter variance those numbers are the same. You are seeing a bounce from dropping to 106. Totally normal when not used to having bg there.

7. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

I see you have "TR" specified on your spreadsheet, but you should add that to your signature as well so that people know or you'll get that question fairly often. The signature is where most people look for that. I'd recommend putting it in place of your actual dose "1 unit BID", since your dose can change as often as every three days (theoretically) on TR, and people do expect to look for the dosage in your spreadsheet.

Mags920 likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you are following TR for dosing, it's time for an increase to 1.25 units.