7/3 Weekend Condo: Mega Busy! Happy 4th of July Weekend L&LL!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

This past Friday a very dear friend of mine passed away from an aneurysm. His passing was unexpected. He had been a testimonial to healthy living, physically fit, swam daily, biked daily, lived life to the fullest daily. I don't know why I felt the need to post this here today. Perhaps it is to just say remember your friends, your family, your furkids always. Tell them that they matter to you, that their lives hold significance. Be kind, be caring, listen to them when they need you to, be supportive, be there. I am glad that I took the time this past Friday morning to wish him well, took a few minutes to chat over trivial everyday things. You never ever know when you no longer will have the chance.

phpPfAouMAM.jpg

Good Morning Afternoon LL!! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: (YUM! Vanessa outdid herself this morning: PRIMO!) HAPPY SUNDAY to everyone!

LL! It's is I, Vanessa, president and CEO of The Coffee Cat! Life is GOOD! Bug and Lola, Co-CEO's of Paw Prints Pizza are open, and ready for business! They are running a Weekend Holiday Special: BBQ Pizzas! Lots of kitteh treats in them pies, tuna, chicken and shrimps! All on their signature catnip crust. It is mega good. They also have a dessert berry pie, lots of whip cream to holds it all together. So.... order early, and party hearty! I have been very busy this weekend too! My special for today is a coffee infused 4 berry frappe. It is mega good, I swear! So..... Coffee time! :coffee::coffee::coffee: For today, I proudly offer Vanessa's special 10 hour energy coffee, and triple shot espressos, with beans from Starbucks Pike Place Market, their original blend, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: a VENTI Quad Blueberry infused white mocha/mocha blend with white chocolate chips melted within, swirled with a raspberry puree, topped with a strawberry infused whip garnished with caramelized berry sprinkles and white chocolate curls and a caramel drizzle.......SWEET! Vanessa's bakery is all stocked for today too: baguettes and croissants and donut holes, including my signature berry jams. They too is mega goods. I made them myself! :cat:

[​IMG]

snoopy and woodstock 4th of july.jpg

I hope everyone has had a great week. We have been.... well, busy again! :eek::joyful::cool: As I say every week: I just can't imagine not being on the go. ;) It keeps us out of trouble, and makes for great times! I often think back on the weeks happenings, and wonder how in the world did we do all that! I know I write this every week, but it really was the same this past week. We have had a week of adventure, and fun, and crazy as we all deal with summer, and somewhat warmer days. And some wet days. o_O :) This past week the other DGP's started their vacation, so I also had the boys on Tuesday in addition to my usual W-F. We have been swimming, and to parks, to rivers and creeks, and spray parks, beaches, and had adventures at home too, including a sleepover on Wednesday night. It has been a good week... :):) :cool:

Normalcy in Three MusketeerVille The kitties are all doing well, no one is fighting or growling or hissing, sharing of toys and those nanners abound, and life is good to be a cat. It was a cloudy morning here, but the sun did break through, about noon. This morning was just enough to get kitty hopes up, and then.... back to bed. :smuggrin::rolleyes: They have been checking on the sun status, but finally gave up. Silly kitters! They missed when it actually did come out! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: There really isn't too much new on the kitty home front.
    Vanessa is back to bringing me kitty toys to play with and share. This week I have woke up to see that Vanessa had brought me nannera, always setting them all next to my head on my pillow. I opened my eyes to see nothing but those nanners. :woot::joyful: Thank you Vanessa!! :cool: I of course did my duty, and played with them. :joyful: Lola continues to escape... wow on it all. It is a daily occurrence now, at least two a day on most days. We are all getting very good, once again, at making sure she doesn't. Haha, we try, we failed more often than not. Ah Lola... what will we do with you? Yes, I know.... make you a catio! I will, I swear! Today I did start the search for someone that can build me one.... :cat: I have found one local company that I like, so hope to be able to connect with them, have them give me an estimate. Last week my youngest son started to do some yard work for me, and of course be felt obligated to once again take Lola outside, let her play supervised, as much as one can supervise Lola. She was good, stayed in the yard, and had such good kitty fun. :cool: Bug continues to be my laid back mellow kitty. Nothing ever seems to phase him. ;) He is so affectionate, comes by all the time to snuggle, purr and dish but a few head butts. Days have been warmer, not always sunny, but warmer. All three kitties have spent alot of it with noses plastered to the screens of open windows. Catching outdoor sniffs and an occasional breeze no doubt. It has been a good week for Lola, Bug and Vanessa. Normalcy rules in Three MusketeerVille! :cat::cat::cat:
    cat-cooking-on-the-grill.jpg
    Per Lola, Bug and Vanessa: Get those grills a-grillin'!

Our adventures continue. It has indeed been a busy week. Weather has been cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon, with temps reaching the mid 70's. Summer scheduling is in full force. Nicholas has swim lessons in the morning, with both boys going to enjoy the pool swim and swim together before lessons. It makes it a challenge to fit in other activities when they are in the pool so much but we have managed to have some great adventures! Tuesday after swimming, we took their mom out to lunch at Red Robin, and then spent the afternoon at Coal Creek, a few miles from her work. The creek is wonderful, and shallow enough that they can explore it, wade in it, collect rocks and sticks, find fish, and just have great fun! Wednesday after swimming we headed up to the Gold Bar area and spent the rest of the day on the Skykomish River. What an awesome day. There is sand, big rivers, trains that cross a very old trestle at the far end of the river, and TONS of thimbleberries and huckleberries to eat. We stayed the longest time, after which I brought the boys back to my house for sleep over. Very cool day! Thursday after swimming we headed on down to the Juanita Beach Park, and spent the afternoon on the beach, swimming in the "Lagoon", building sand castles and swimming holes, and, and numerous trenches for Nicholas and William made rivers. FUN! Friday after swimming we headed on down to Edmonds City Park, for some playground play and to enjoy the new spray park they put in there. Awesome stuff. We wrapped up the week with an evening swimming session for both boys at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. It has indeed been very busy, I was beat by Friday evening, and I wouldn't change any of it for the world. What a great week it was. :woot::woot::woot: It has been so fun! It has indeed been a good week for the boys, and their Grammie! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

P1170291.JPG
    Nicholas & William, Skykomish River

P1500814.JPG
    William: Coal Creek

P1510212.JPG
    William and Nicholas: The "Swimming Hole" at Juanita Beach Park

P1510360.JPG
    Nicholas, Edmonds City park

AWESOME WEEK in the pool! :joyful: Nicholas and William have been swimming together this week, before lessons for Nicholas, on a M-F schedule. I hope he will be able to make most of his lessons, but as it was last summer, there are once again issues with the other DGP's that they spend M-Tu with, they don't support the pool, and lessons, and won't bring them. so.... family drama! What can I say. It is is an issue, but we will do what we can, when they are with me, to keep going what Nicholas, and William, love to do. Since the other DGP's are on vacation for two weeks, at least I have been able to make that happen for them this past week, and the one upcoming,. They really do well together in the pool. It can get a little crazy, but really is alot of fun for all, even me. We have also been able to continue those post swim, after swim picnics sometimes going berry picking on the nearby trail when time allows. Weather has been good then, so why not? On Friday night, after the Snohomish pool swim, the traditional burger feast is still on! Nicholas and I have been doing that for the longest time. It was awesome that William was there to join us. :cool::cool::cool::joyful: SWIMMING RULES!!! As always, we are grateful for our time in the pool. It has all enabled to boys to explore another aspect of growing up, one they really enjoy. It has just become the norm for us, we go each week, and just never tire of it. It proves to be such fun for both boys, and their excitement with it all has not wavered.
    GO NICHOLAS! GO WILLIAM !! [​IMG][​IMG]

P1040002.JPG
    William and Nicholas: Lynnwood Recreation Cenetr

P1040038.JPG
    William and Nicholas: Down Under, Lynnwood Recreation Center

For my own personal time, I continue to hike the local trails here when I can, mainly at Meadowdale and Picnic Point. It is great to have such good places to go to when time permits. I cannot be more grateful. Monday Afternoon was what free time I had this week, so I took off for Coal Creek, to hike the trails up to the Cougar Mountain area, about 7.5 miles RT, with some moderate climbing. I also wanted to see if the Creek portion of the hike was ready for Nicholas and William, which it was. :cool: The hike itself is great, follows the creek most of the way, and also offers some nice woods experiences. I am glad I went. :cool::):):)

P1500722.JPG
    Coal Creek

Have a great Holiday Weekend everyone! It is rather low-key here... I made it outside on a local hike today, to the beaches of Picnic Point, while it was still quiet, no people! :rolleyes: It was a nice time, a calm prelude to the festivities that will take over once the holiday really gets underway. Have an Excellent 4th of July everyone!

KITTIES!! Remember: BLUE, think GREEN :cat::cat::cat:

[​IMG]

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Michelle))) I am so sorry on the loss of your friend.:rb_icon: You are so right that we must take the time to be there for our friends. I am glad you got to talk to him.:bighug:

Whew on your busy week as usual! I love the pic of the two boys coming down the water slide together. And playing in the mud, er, swimming hole. Such best buds.

Scritches to the kitties. It's so sweet to wake up to nanners on your bed. Good job Vanessa! Good luck with the local builder of the catio, I hope the price is reasonable.

Enjoy the 4th tomorrow. I hope you get good weather for it.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your friend. Sending prayers.

It sounds like another great week for you and the boys. Nice that you got lots of swimming in and some outside time. I'm glad the kitties are doing well. I hope your DH is still doing well with his rehab. Sending prayers.

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Happy 4th of July!!!

4th of july kitty.jpg

@Wendy&Neko , @carfurby ~ THX guys for your kind words. he was such a good friend, the kind that are hard to come by. I shall miss him. On a happier note, all is well in the land of the Three Musketeers! None of them are happy about the noise level of the fireworks that were going off here last night, I can only imagine how they will feel once things get into full swing. :eek:o_O;) The week has indeed been very busy, but ever so fun. I am looking forward to another full week with the boys, and more such adventures. :cool::cool::cool: I am still looking into the catio thing, kinda got sidetracked yesterday with my research... @Wendy&Neko , oh yes, that water slide together was a new thing they tried this past week, both had such fun with it. I bet they do that one again. the "Swimming hole" was a blast. MUD CITY, as their mom said. o_O:joyful: THX too, both of you, on the DH vines. he is doing OK.

ok... so here's hoping the weather improves. It is overcast, with some sprinkles, with a few very quick spots of somewhat blue sky.... WHERE IS THAT SUN???? They said it should be here. Hope they are right!

5. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((((((Michelle)))))))))))))) I am so sorry for the loss of your friend...To tell the truth, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the first picture, I thought it was your DH! Life is so uncertain isn't it? My DH is thin, healthy, a picture of health, yet he had a stroke, so you never know what will happen in life.. Your friend sounds like a wonderful guy, I am glad you had that time with him. And you are so right, we all need to take the time to appreciate life for what it is, and for all that we have! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Speaking of your DH, I hope all is well with him!:bighug::bighug:

Vanessa, thank you for that wonderful coffee this morning! Auntie Ruth was kept awake well past her bedtime by the evil neighbors and their $7!!!!$$$ Fireworks last night! :blackeye: Mannie and Elsa are so proud of you!!

Great pics as always and hope you and your family had a safe 4th of July!

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Tiger(GA) and Ruth ~ Morning Ruth :coffee::coffee::coffee: THX on my friend. I shall truly miss him. It is difficult when they eave us too soon, long before any of us suspected that would be the case. SO we shall celebrate his life in as many ways as we can, just be doing everyday what we love to do. Life is indeed uncertain. You just cannot predict these things. Yes he was, we did lose one of the good guys. so sorry for the initial confusion, DH is doing fine, and recovering from his ordeal. THX on the pics, and yupp on the 4th. It was a quiet day, until all the noise started about 9PM. One of the loudest 4ths I can ever remember. :eek::rolleyes:
    Thanks Auntie Ruth! I try my best. I was SO BUSY after that holiday, Sees alot of folks needed alot of help! See ya in a few ~~ Vanessa, Kitteh Barista

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Michelle, I am so sorry to learn of the untimely death of your friend. It is hard enough to lose friends who have been seriously ill. You are so right: make the best of every day and try to see friends as often as possible.

Your holiday week sounded great. Sorry that the other grandparents don't support the boys' swimming. At least you will be able to have a good swimming week with them this week. And what fun you all had on those hikes, at the beach and playgrounds, etc.

Kitties didn't like the fireworks? Can't say that I blame them. I like the lights, but not the noise. Rusty isn't bothered by any of it.

Have a great week ahead. I'm very glad your DH is continuing to recover well.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

Thank you, Vanessa, Kitteh Barista, for a wonderful week of espresso!

Yo Lola, Bug and Vanessa, come down to Camp Stu on Monday. We'll have fun.
    Rusty

8. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Morning Ella :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: Many thanks on my friend. It has been a difficult week. So unexpected, so way too soon, for any of us. He will be deeply missed. As he would have wished, we remember him daily, and enjoy what we do daily as best we can. And yes, the holiday weekend and week was a good one. We have been very very busy since then too. I am with you, it is difficult with the other two GP's, and I just can't understand where they are coming from. I have brought up other sports with Nicholas, and right now he is adamant that all he wants is to swim. That may change as he grows more, but wow, in the meantime I just wish they would support what he does want to do. Last week was indeed a good swimming week. William is enjoying it as much as Nicholas is now too. Awesome! The hikes etc have also been great. I am glad I have been able to get some of those in. :woot: That aspect of life seems to be enjoyed by the boys too. They have really had fun at the places we did go and do. Yupp, kitties were not a big fan of the fireworks, They all went and hid. :eek::rolleyes: I don't mind them and love the show, but all that noise was a bit much for the furkids. Mannie never minded them, much like Rusty. THX too on DH. He's going OK.
    Auntie Ella! You are so welcomes! Another awesome week coming up! I have found a new Ethiopian, with a hint of mocha. It is major good! I will bring some today. ~~ Vanessa, kitteh barista
    Rusty! DUDE! We are on our way! We wouldn't miss Camp Stu or anythings! ~~ Lola, Bug and Vanessa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.