7/30 Luci AMPS 192 *Pics

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Condo

Good Morning everyone!

Luci made a mad dash for the lagoon yesterday morning...and earned herself a little FF gravy style...of course that turned her around and she never stopped climbing until she was back in her comfy lemon tree nest...

If this sink were yellow, yep, this might be it...although you've seen Luci in the sink before, thought I'd share these photos from this morning - this is where she was when I got up today! And yes, I turned on the water for her - she loves drinking from the faucet :)

Have a great day everyone!

LuciInSink1.jpg LuciInSink2.jpg

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Adorable pics of Luci! That sink looks super comfortable. I hope she comes back down for you today.

Have a great day!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Cute pictures. I hope Luci slides down and surfs safely today.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Does the faucet come through the mirror?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh my God this is to freaking adorable

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Yes it does...the freaking thing cost a fortune though. Each component was sold separately...and it has a name 'Falling Water'....and yes, they had to cut a hole in the mirror for the faucet to be placed through to the mixer on the other side...and for the handle...yep...when I go, I go all the way. :facepalm::p:D

I see they're still selling them: https://www.homedepot.com/pep/KOHLE...VCtvACh18YgOBEAQYAiABEgLgYPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You'll have to click on it to see what 'all three components' cost...but one won't work without the other...how ridiculous huh? Why would anyone sell a faucet without the valve mixer and the mounting brackets? Like my DH and his bicycles...they sell them without pedals...duh?

Rebecca & Max (GA) likes this.
  8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Cute photos of Luci! I had a kitty that loved water. She's get in the tub with me & play in the water. Her name was Guppy :joyful:
    [​IMG]

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

So cute Luci! Hope you’re doing well Sue!:bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Olive & Paula

So what happens if you need to replace it or the mirror breaks and you need to replace it? What an ordeal that would be. Just like my new kitchen sink. It cracked. To replace it means ripping out new counter and backsplash. Nope not gonna happen. A bike with no pedals.......must be solar powered, no pedaling required.

11. Sue and Luci

I think in our case, it would be cheaper to go thru the wall behind the mirror - it's inside of a closet - it would be a hassle, but less expensive than removing the mirror to access the plumbing in the wall...in my estimation all home repairs are costly - no matter what you do.

I remember when you said your sink cracked...I would have had a breakdown over that one...not sure how your sink is installed but mine is an under mount - so although it weighs a ton (it's porcelain over cast iron) it can be removed from underneath...and yep, it would require some re-work to the cabinet it sits in, but I know the doors come off, I believe that center post is removable as well...I'd call the contractor for sure as the center post may require cutting .. ugh...what a joy home ownership is huh?

As for the bicycles, the pedals have to be purchased - there are choices based on the kind of biking one does...I've never gotten into high end bikes like that - all of mine come with pedals :)

12. Sue and Luci

Yes, working like a dog to get this project over the line...seems like we have a lot of issues with the infrastructure, servers and such - thankfully not my responsibility, but oh so frustrating to have to answer questions repeatedly about what's working and what's not...everything we do these days has to be approved by some committee or other...lord...:arghh:

I hope you and Blaze are doing well also! Don't you love your freedom? Have you been camping or off to do anything fun now that you don't have to give insulin and do all that testing?

I can't imagine life without it now...good thing too, huh? :rolleyes:

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  13. Olive & Paula

I have the same kind of sink. Undermount, double bowl. All silicone sealed to counter top. No center post I can see. They used the installation kit that came with it. Contractor said he would have done it different by putting in wood supports and attaching sink to the wood supports, so it could be removed without touching counter top and backsplash. Replacement sink still in shed. Husband won't make stand for it like he said. I will say one thing, if I ever do have to remove it, I won't put in a tile backsplash again. The grout is a pain in the neck where it meets the countertop.

14. Olive & Paula

I don't know what to do with my time. The first 4 hrs of Ollie's cycle was feeding and meds every hr. Filling in ss. Posting. More food and meds. I knew I couldn't leave the house til after +4, if she allowed it. I guess I should get back to my knitting and finishing the wood trim for kitchen..........

Sue and Luci likes this.
  15. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

I’m sorry work is so crazy for you! They definitely keep you busy, don’t they?!:arghh:

Life is good without insulin, but so strange! I still test him once every 3-5 days to make sure he’s still doing okay. I’m so afraid I’ll miss something if I don’t test here and there. We still have all the cats on the same feeding schedule though, 5:30 am and pm with snacks at the same times.

We haven’t gone camping or gone on any trips yet, California is pretty much shut down again, our county is a hot spot now so pretty much everything is closed again, you have to wear a mask everywhere. Dental offices haven’t been shut down though, but I’m out of work for 3 weeks right now because I had emergency surgery on 7/19. Feels like I’m back in quarantine!

16. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

Love that paw action— what a cutie!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  17. Sue and Luci

Oh no! I hope you're ok! And I'm sorry about the darn COVID shutdown again...but perhaps with recovery it's best to lay low and rest up. Please take care of yourself and that handsome boy of yours - cute that all the kitties have adapted the feeding routine and are sticking with it. Blaze is sure looking wonderful! Sending healing vines to you!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  18. Sue and Luci

I'm so sorry to hear that Paula...but I know you're lost without all those responsibilities...you've endured a lot this Summer...and I know it's difficult. And this COVID situation isn't helping a bit..otherwise I'd suggest trying to get out with friends and have lunch or movie or something...now with all this isolation and staying away from people...yes, I suppose it's best if you get some new yarn and knit something beautiful...gardening? Try to take care of yourself...sending hugs your way...:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Olive & Paula likes this.