7/30 Nelson amps 365, +3 284, +7 155, +8 119

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nelson and Taz, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

He's coming down fast now. I'm a little worried just how fast. I'm checking him every 30 mins. At what number should I give him some food? Am I doing the right thing with how often I'm checking? We'll just be watching the tv together, I'm not going anywhere.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You can give him a tsp or two of low carb food should he go below 100, and it's before +10. A little low carb when they first hit green can help then surf, or hang out in those healing numbers.

Nelson and Taz likes this.
  3. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Thanks. He's due for insulin in 3 hours and there's sometimes no one on here for advice given the time difference. Can you please advise on what number is too low to shoot and full dose or reduced if ok to shoot?

4. Wendy&Neko

People with experience and the data to do so, who are using TR, shoot as low as 50. You are a little new for that, but you've shot 122 and have data on that. You could probably go a little lower and still be in good shape. The other thing to consider is whether you can monitor tonight, have plenty of test strips and high carb food, should you need it.

5. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

He's 95 now at +11. He does usually bounce. I am prepared to stay up, have supplies. Just so nerve racking. Don't want him to miss a shot either.

6. Wendy&Neko

I'm responding to your original post. We request just one post per day. Change the subject heading if you have a question. Maybe get a +11.5 and see what he's doing.

7. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Sorry just trying to cover all bases. Just got a 5.4mmol. Shot due in 15 mins.

8. Wendy&Neko

Great, not dropping any more. :)

9. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

He did this around the 6mmol mark, went up slightly then back down. How should I proceed? Is a reduced dose an option?

10. Wendy&Neko

A reduced dose is an option, but I'm not sure it's the best option. With 3 cycles already at 3.75 units, you've got a bit of that depot built. The larger depot will still control at least the first part of the cycle, even with a reduced dose.
    Sorry, not sure what you mean by that?

11. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

I was doing half hour tests and one went up slightly then came back down. There just wasn't a spot for it in the spreadsheet. Should I give him his 3.75 dose now. Sorry I'm getting confused now. Stress makes me a bit batty lol

12. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

4.9mmol now. Guess he's not getting a shot tonight right?

13. Wendy&Neko

If you can monitor and have plenty of strips and high carb food, you should shoot. However, if someone suggests you shoot low, they normally will stay up with you. Given the time differences, I won't be up much past your +1. If you do shoot, get a +1 and a +2 to start, so see if you need to intervene early.

Keep the subject line updated with the most recent numbers, so people can see at a glance if you need help. For the spreadsheet, you can separate numbers by a semi colon.

14. Wendy&Neko

The problem with waiting too long to feed, is that they start to go down without that food.

15. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

So you saw the 4.9? I'm happy to stay up and I don't except you to do that. I'll shoot and test. Just want to be 100 per cent clear you think it's ok. Just gonna feed him now.

16. Wendy&Neko

Yes, I saw the 4.9. Some cats do a Lantus double dip, where they do a tiny dip down at the end of the cycle. It's safe to shoot. The only thing to consider is that this could be a bounce breaking cycle. If you shoot, you may have to stay up later.

17. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Thank you. I really appreciate your help and advice. He's just eating and then I have to wait for him to settle so I can shoot. He's not a big fan of the needles. Sleep well

18. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Taz I will be around off and on so will keep an eye out for your posts. Tag me if you need to. I’m in Sydney so same time line as you.

Nelson and Taz likes this.