7/30 Tigger 163 AMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Breanna H, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Hello all!

Tigger had his lowest number in quite a while for AMPS, 163. Made me a little nervous.
    I was unable to stall because I was already running late for work (as usual :p) so I just decreased by .25u and went with 9.25. I asked my husband to check him at +3. He is home with him all day and while he gets a little grumble about having to check him, he will do it. Tigger usually bounces anyway, so I am sure it will be fine. However, maybe I will need some advice depending on what his PMPS dose is.
    He does have his auto feeder filled and will get food throughout the day.
    Cross your fingers for us!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I hope your DH can get a test in today. Due to the nature of the depot, and size of Tigger's depot, shooting 0.25 units less will do nothing to change how the cycle will play out. The depot can influence 4-6 cycles after a decrease, the upper end for larger doses. Even with a much larger decrease, the first half of the cycle would likely play out the same. One thing you might want to think about is getting a test, maybe at +11 or whenever you get up for work, so you can tell at the preshot test whether he's going up or down. If going up, it'll give you a bit more confidence to shoot full dose. Though 163 is still above 150, which is our "stop, do not feed, and post for help" level.

Good to see he's got an autofeeder, that will definitely help. In cases where you are nervous, you can always put a little higher carb in the feeder when you head out the door. Giving higher carb doesn't disrupt the depot like a small reduction will.

As for tonight's dose, it's 9.5 units. He has to go below 50 to earn a reduction if you are following TR - which is what your spreadsheets says. It'll help us if you also put TR in your signature. The cycle count for 9.5 units will now start over at 1 tonight. Reminder: Counting Cycles