7/5 Disco AMPS 159/+5 210/+8.5 30/+8.75 33/+9 65/+9.75 46/+10.25 63/+11.25 89/PMPS 115/+1 217

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), Jul 6, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday 7/4: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-248-10-75-260-pmps-157-2-5-131-7-266.231926/

Well, Disco got up to his old tricks today (Sunday) and while he seemed like he was going to have a similar day as Saturday, he threw a surprise BG of 30 at me! He had a LC snack before I got on the river with him for a short 15 minute float in a quiet part of the river. He did great and seemed to enjoy the breeze and sniffing the air--photos to follow!

I tested him at +5 with a 210 result and maybe should have tested him again in 2 hours as I often do when I'm at home with him, but I got to visiting with my mom and deflating the kayak and loading up my car and so he went 3.5 hours between afternoon tests, and you could have knocked me over with a feather when he gave me a 30! I fed him 2 tsp HC and tested again in 15 min and he was 33, so the first reading wasn't a fluke! He gradually came up with steering with HC to 115 at his normal PMPS time and I'm about to head to bed and got a 244 at 2.5, but will check him again a couple of times during the night.

I gave him his usual 3.5 in the PM but then thought as he got a 30, I should have reduced it when I reread the sticky, "If your cat drops into the 30s, a full reduction of 0.25u is recommended" so I will reduce in the morning unless someone with experience advises otherwise, or maybe 'shave the dose' etc. We reduced on 6/29 when he got 'tricky' and we skipped his PM dose as advised and he'd had some nice greens and blues, but still his SS kinda looked like the rainbow! I would have thought maybe I held this dose too long until he threw that 30 at me. Any experience and advise appurrciated!

Today's Daily Disco photo is from our float today!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    JOJI and Kit likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yikes! That cat is full of surprises. :eek: Definitely a full 0.25 unit reduction.

Do you have to put something on him to prevent sunburn?

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

30 !!!!! Heart stopped there. He certainly seems to enjoy the kayaking. As Wendy asked you you put sunscreen on him?

4. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Woah Disco! Stay away from those sharks! He does seem to like to keep you on your toes. <3

5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Teri, good catch on the "30"!! :nailbiting:
    What a lucky adventure kitty, living life to the fullest!! :joyful:

6. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

@Olive & Paula
    Because even though he’s hairless he does have pigment in his skin (red aka orange) unlike a white cat, he is less susceptible to sunburn but not immune to the sun’s effect.. There is actually not a pet-safe sunscreen on the market in the USA, but there is one available in Europe called Aniwell Filta-Bac and I found a source here for it on a site called Fruugo. I did order him a 50 SPF shirt that will cover his body and have a Safari hat ordered, too. That being said, I don’t want to dress him up too much and make him uncomfortable although he is used to being dressed up, sign any float trip I will also take his Sturdi Bag carrier which he can get in to get out of the sun. Our trips will be in FREE in frequent and probably none more than two hours, so he can spend some of his time out and some of the time in a carrier.

Attached Files:

Wendy&Neko likes this.