7/5 Ruby PMPS 100/+1 87/+2 109

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday on The Waxing and Waning of Ruby. :cat:

Super affectionate. ✅
    All blue and green day yesterday. ✅

Ruby hasn't been eating much in the last two days. I found a little poop on the bed this morning and her pee has been very odorous. I have to change her litter box out much more often than usual (we use Tidy Cat Breeze pellets that are aquaphobic and are supposed to absorb smells). That oncology appointment can't come soon enough.

Have a great day, everyone. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Librarianista likes this.
  2. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

Yay blues and greens!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Katherine, Ruby's numbers are looking good, I'm counting down the days with you for her appointment. Come on Ruby please eat a little more for mama.
    Have a good day Katherine ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :D:D:bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Katherine&Ruby

Ruby heard you! :) She ate about 4 ounces of beef so far today. Perhaps yesterday was a hunger strike against turkey. Both cats seem to have gotten real bored of it, but of course I have another 5 lbs of it in my freezer. :rolleyes:

How's Mr. T. doing? Back to being his usual self again?

7. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

Poor Ruby. Is her pee more condensed, or just smelly?

8. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Just want to say YAY Ruby and Katherine. :bighug::joyful::bighug::cat::bighug::):bighug::cat::bighug::joyful::bighug:

9. Katherine&Ruby

I don't think it's more condensed. Ever since Ruby started her steroid regimen the peeing has gotten more frequent and more odorous. I increased her prednisolone a few days ago and it smells even more intense now. Worried that it might be her kidneys being affected by the steroid. :(

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  10. smorgasbord

If you can get urinalysis strips today locally, that might help put your mind at ease? The specific gravity in the urine parameter isn't terribly accurate in Regeant testing, but it's better than nothing. And you could see if her Leukocytes are high and pH and presence of blood in the urine.

11. Katherine&Ruby

That's a good idea, I will try that. Then the goal would be to catch her in the litter box! :p

12. smorgasbord

13. Katherine&Ruby

Thanks, yeah, I read that a while ago and it scared the bejeezus out of me, that’s why I’ve opted to feed my cats a watered down raw diet. I know peeing a lot is a common side effect of steroids so I’m not worried that it’s an infection but it would be good to get the urine sticks and check.

smorgasbord likes this.
  14. Diane Tyler's Mom

What a relief, good girl Ruby.
    Mr T is aok breaking my chops all day for food :p

15. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Aw Ruby. Better numbers at least! Appointment will be here soon.

16. Katherine&Ruby

Best report I’ve heard all day! :joyful:

17. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

:joyful::joyful::joyful:

18. Katherine&Ruby

AM cycle: AMPS 138/+1 149/+2 161/+3 124/+4 112/+5 89/+6 87/+8 95/+10 87

19. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

But wait… just intuitively… shouldn’t kidney troubles indicate less concentrated urine? Usually urine becomes more dilute.

20. Katherine&Ruby

Yes, you're right, Suzanne. Ruby pees easily and without any strain. There's just a lot. I have a litter box where the pee goes through the litter and into a drawer and I pour it out into the toilet so I can inspect it. It's been a bit darker in color on hot days when we haven't had the AC on, but otherwise it's actually fairly light colored. Granted, both my cats use the same box, so it's hard for me to tell one cat's pee from another unless I emptied the drawer and saw Ruby go in it right afterward. So I will stop speculating on the cause of the odor. It could very well be Olive with the foul smelling pee. We're seeing the oncologist in 8 days during which I hope we will be able to do some bloodwork, but I think she will be alright until then. Hope you're doing well, Suzanne, and thank you as always for looking out for us. :bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  21. Suzanne & Darcy

And how is Olive? Were you able to get any definitive answers from her diagnostics?

22. Katherine&Ruby

Olive has been fine since the ultrasound--eating and pooping well, running, jumping, and constantly scheming of ways to get onto my lap wherever I am. :) Cerenia is helping. I have a prescription for B12 so I will pick that up tomorrow and start giving her injections once a week at home. I haven't gotten the result of the GI panel yet, will follow up tomorrow with a call.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  23. Katherine&Ruby

By the way, can I say how much I love the Libre? :) The first two days it was on I thought Ruby was miserable. I don't think she loves it but she seems to have gotten accustomed to both the sensor and the Kitty Kollar. Definitely a lot less scratching is happening today and when she does scratch, she gets the collar and it moves around her neck, but she can't get at the sensor. I really like having a 24 hour picture of what's happening with her BGs. As I will be starting my full time job tomorrow, testing will be much easier for Frank to handle especially since he gets really busy. I've gone over the feeding and testing schedule with him already and he knows which foods to use if she ever starts dropping fast or goes below 59. He'll be texting me numbers during the day, so I will fill in the spreadsheet when I have time. So far this .75 unit dose seems to be doing the trick and not taking her too low.

24. Suzanne & Darcy

Wow. You have a new job! I missed that. Congratulations and good luck.

25. Katherine&Ruby

Thanks! It will be the first time I will be working full time outside of home since March 2020. I definitely have a lot of anxiety about commuting, working with other people again and being away from the kitties for 10 hours a day. But the opportunity came to me, it’s a great job and I’m lucky to be able to do it.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  26. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Katherine, wishing you the best day tomorrow at your new job. The kitties are in good hands and I hope any anxiety goes swiftly away. Now, I’m not sure how I will cope without you or your posts that make me smile and laugh. :joyful::joyful: Good luck!!! They are lucky to have you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. Diane Tyler's Mom

Have a good first day with your new job, just seeing this. You will do great and everyone's going to love you, how can they not . :cat: