? 7/8 Howie: not sure what to shoot tonight?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Howiesmom, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

@Wendy&Neko

I just picked Howie up from the vet lodge after 5 nights there while I was on vacation and tested him around +9.5. He was at 55 until I just tested him again at +10.75 and he went to 57 without any food/treat help. I will feed/shoot him in 1 hour (730pm CST). I’m not sure if I should do a BCS? Or just an earned reduction down to 21 units? His earlier numbers from the vet lodge today:
    AMPS-69
    +3-94
    +5-66

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry, was on a meeting (zoom). I think a BCS followed by reduction tomorrow sounds like a good plan.

3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Man! Howie’s numbers are awesome!

4. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

No worries! I went with my gut and that’s what I did. His numbers didn’t want to come up much last night so had to give some MC food with his PM mini meals. His AMPS today was 124 so it all worked! Thanks, Wendy!

5. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

I couldn’t believe how low he got at the vet lodge. The vet in charge was not comfortable with his numbers so kept calling me on vacation. I’m glad she did call, but I kept reassuring her his normal #s are 70-130. Of course they didn’t call when he was in the 60s or I would have instructed a BCS. It’s been since Dec18-20 he’s only been on 21 units! It looks like a breakthrough with the antibodies!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Yes. Exactly what I was thinking this morning when I read this! Autoantibodies are breaking! (I hope). Go Howie! This is really momentous!! I am excited when I look at his SS and see how MANY units he has been on... to be down to 21 units is HUGE!

I hope you enjoyed your time away. :)

7. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Fingers crossed they’re breaking through! Yes, I had a nice time away but am totally dreading going back to work on Mon. The downfall of taking a week off. I even skipped a work party tonight as I didn’t want to think about work (and didn’t want to see my yuck if a boss). Howie is keeping me good company and on my toes as his #s dropped again at +7 to 67. I hope you’re doing ok, Suzanne!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Diabetic cats can be great excuses for missing events you'd rather not go to!:p

Howiesmom likes this.