? 7/8 Prince high numbers

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Prince’s Mom, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

Still seeing a lot of purples. It almost seems like 2u is worse than the 1.75 was. It’s very discouraging.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You test enough to follow TR. Any reason why you don’t want to try it? You could increase more quickly and find the breakthrough dose. If you don’t want to it’s fine, just slower.

3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Lisa,
    Your beautiful Prince needs more insulin! Unless you are missing some lower numbers, he hasn't seen normal numbers in months. His body is used to these high numbers, and it may take more increases before things look better.
    Back in April, he was starting to see blues at 2.75 units . . . then the reset back to 1 unit by the vet in mid-May. In hindsight, it looks like that was a bad idea.
    Obviously I don't know all the history, just that your gorgeous boy needs more insulin now.

4. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

TR makes me nervous mainly because most days I am available to test multiple times, but there is always a chance I won’t be able to.
    I also worry about continuing to increase. He was at 2.75u when he had the 2 undetermined episodes in May. So I worry that whatever it was could have been caused by too much insulin.

5. tiffmaxee

He’s too high even with slgs. Holding a dose too long means more and more insulin will be needed to get to a good dose for him. If you can’t monitor your mom can feed some high carb food to bring him up. Are you testing for ketones? Looks like you are back to slgs? So you need a curve every 7 days and adjust the dose accordingly. So do a 12 hour curve testing every 2 hours for 12 hours or e dry 3 hours testing every 3 hours when you can.

6. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

I am the mom lol. My daughter helps out when she can. I will plan on doing a curve this weekend. In the past it’s been mentioned to me to hold the dose closer to 10 days because it takes him awhile to settle. I haven’t tested for ketones. He seems fine except for the high BG. He’s eating, drinking, and using his litter box.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

It’s fine to hold 10 days when you see blue or green nadirs but not with lots of pink.