7/8 Tiger does need adjustment?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy Jones, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Tiger needs to try 2.0 units now. Have you read the yellow Sticky Notes at the top of this forum? Including the ones on Dosing Methods. Most people here pick one of the two dosing methods and once you've done that, we'll be better able to help you with dosing. Both of the dosing methods we use would have you increase now to 2.0 units. Tight Regulation would have had you increase sooner.

Here is the link to your last post here, for continuity: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/first-curve.231608/

3. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

I've been doing the SLGS method since I can't check his BG as often as id like. I thought he should move up but wanted to get confirmation. Is there a dose on Basaglar that I should stop giving and try another insulin type? He was on Novolin for two months before moving to Basaglar.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Could you add SLGS to your signature, that'll help us help you faster. SLGS says to increase after seven days if you aren't seeing numbers under 150. Which you are not.

I wouldn't worry about the Basaglar just yet. You haven't got near a good dose yet. A cat needs however much insulin they need - there is no "maximum" dose. It's ECID, or each cat is different. And it can differ over time. Neko's "good dose" ranged from 8.75 units, down to 0.75 units, back up to 7 units, and back down to 0.25 units. She did have a couple of secondary conditions that meant she needed higher doses and made her a bit more complicated. Don't worry about the size of the dose, it's the blood sugar numbers which are the important ones.

5. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

Oh good to know. I read most cats are good with 1 to two units so I worked since hes at 2 now and this being the second insulin he's tried. I think he has had some success since we switched. He was constantly in 500 or more. Thank you for youre help