7.9 Macho amps 154 +2 154

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Garciacat, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

2. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

His PMPS 42! he had food available all day!

3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

I'm responding to your post from 6/25 here. I stand by what I said to you on that day. My comment from 6/25 was from what I could actually see that day given his AMPS was 317 and his +2 at 218 before he got the 32. There were no tests for 7 hours today between +5 and his PMPS. Because Macho isn't regulated yet, nadirs can move around, and he was heading downward from AMPS to +5, which warranted more testing, not less. Did you test that 42 again to make sure it wasn't a bad strip? He's safe now, so that's good. But when you see a cat's numbers in blues and heading downward, I would test more often so that you can intervene with medium or high carb food.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

A couple of thoughts. Looks like you increased by 0.5u, which looks to have been too much. Looks like you skipped tonight? Here is the post on handling low preshots, https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...y-to-shoot-handle-lower-pre-shot-numbers.147/

Usually, you can try and stall, not feed for 20 minutes then restest to see if the number is rising. If they hang out in 40s, you can try some LC and test again in 20 minutes. When they are in the 40s it is tricky, you want to make sure you don't artificially inflate the preshot number by feeding too high carb food, since that can lead to a short term bump in BG but then when the next dose of insulin kicks in, it can make for a busy cycle.

If you get a low preshot like this again, please consider posting for help.

With that 42, he earned a reduction, so please go down to 3.5u tomorrow.

5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Like Christie pointed out, the increase of 0.5U was too much. We increase by 0.25U. Please reduce him to 3.5U tomorrow morning.

He was at 110 at +5 today - I would have got more tests to see how low he was going. Sometimes you need to feed higher carbs when they are dropping.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

was a typo. I increased to the next line in the syringe which is . He had food available all day (9 lives in gravy something that he doesn't eat) as it was pointed out on 6/25
    and ya'll cant pretending that we are going to pay our bills or have a life or maintain our home by picking our cats ear 24/7.

7. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

yes, dose was skipped last night and was a typo he didn't get .5u.

8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You may want to consider following the SLGS dosing protocol. Less testing, higher nadirs.

9. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

it could be a bad strip and he did ate as he pleased.
    which high carb food are you suggesting.