8/01 Bruno psam:331 pspm: 367 +2:347

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by aochoa, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aochoa

aochoa Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=122669

After some nice numbers, here we are back again to the purples. I know we are not aiming for blues but you know I am not able to test during the day and I prefer to go safe, which I think it was ok, since I notice that most of the time at nadir pm he might reach some green numbers.

Not sure if today numbers are a bounce or just he was using his depot the last days and he ran out of it and his pancreas needs more help.

Should we increase the dose? We have 6 shots so far on 0.5u less one drop. Maybe go back to 0.5u?

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Re: 8/01 Bruno psam:331 pspm: 367 dose increase?

Hi Ana!

I'd hold his dose for now. Lantus really works best if you can give the same dose repeatedly unless he goes below 50, after which you reduce.

He got to 76 last night, which is great. It looks like his dose needs may be reducing, but for now, i'd keep the 0.325 and see what he does on it. Here's the post about Bouncing for a refresher. You want to give him 3 full days for the bounce to clear - you'll know that happens when he's back down in greens or at least blues, and then you'll be able to tell if the dose is still working.

If you can get a mid-cycle when you're home, it's pretty important. Doesn't have to be +6, just whenever you walk in the door from work. You don't want to assume that just because he was over 300 at preshot that he's going to stay that way throughout the cycle. He might now.

He's looking good Ana, in spite of the bouncing. Looks like he's getting into some good numbers. good job!

3. aochoa

aochoa Member

Hi, Julie. Thanks for the advice, I think I get desperate too fast :oops: but I will follow the advise and keep the dose for now. I'm thinking his pancreas is heating me for reducing the help :?

I read again about the bouncing. Yes, sometimes we need to refresh our memory and try to keep calm. :D

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

even now, after several years, i still reread the stickies. Jill adds new information sometimes, and different things apply at different times. Until you need it and can see things in action, they often don't really make sense.

it's good you're on it - don't worry one bit about asking. it's better to ask too soon than to let the cat sit at the same dose for 15 cycles. we do want to re-evaluate every 6 cycles and see if you should hold longer or increase. you're doing fine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.