8/04 Toeby AMBG 169 after eating, threw up late am, +9 202,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laurasboyz, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Yesterday's ( and early this morning's) thread:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...k-29-gravy-ff-4-76-5-158.233138/#post-2605529

Toeby went as low as 29 three hours after a wee bit of insulin last night.
    He was acting playful last night - perhaps the full moon sparked him up - but just before I went to bed I tested him and caught him very low. I retested the first low reading, got another, and then gave him food and corn syrup (not too much) to bring him up.

Anyway, I left a note for my husband that Toeby would not be getting insulin this morning so he feed him before I had the chance to check his blood - this morning's reading of 169 is after something to eat.

I won't be around this morning for that +2-4 window that he seems to drop in, so we'll see what tonight brings.

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  2. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Looks like Toeby is on a mission.:cat:

Laurasboyz likes this.
  3. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Geeze, Suzanne, I wish he was... he barfed today and is not feeling good.
    He was SO good last night, playing with me and with his brother...
    I dunno... I am worried about him being so up and down, and going so low.
    Anyway.
    Thanks for thinking good thoughts for us.

4. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Hi,
    In the event anyone is following Toeby and I...
    I heard from one of the vets at the clinic this afternoon.
    She was able to give me a little more information than I had gotten in the parking lot...
    Toeby was diagnosed on June 25th with blood sugar levels of 22, but sugar was spilling into his urine.
    That is why he was diagnosed as diabetic.

This vet was impressed with his blood sugar control, and said his dropping so low on so little insulin is "a bit concerning". (really? :facepalm:)
    What she has recommended I do, and I agree with the plan, is to let him go without insulin for the next couple days and record his BG levels.
    She will call me on Friday to discuss.
    I mentioned that he threw up today, and I will keep an eye on him.
    She said if his BG levels are not going above 12 mmol/L - 216 mg/dL - I should not give him insulin.
    She said his body MAY be trying to revert back to a non-diabetic state.
    We will give him a couple days without insulin support and see how he goes.

I do have 2 questions - has anyone heard of Glyburide being successful as an oral medication?
    Also, his +9 was 202... I am thinking that might be a result of him going so low early this morning?

Also, this vet was very impressed with the spreadsheet - I confessed it wasn't mine.