? 8/05 Butters AMPS 203/ +3 164/+ 6 257/ + 9 317/ PMPS 308/ +4 317/ Has she earned an increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Have a wonderful day/evening, all.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Butters slides down and surfs today.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Look like Butters is working her way down from that bounceroo.

Have a good day Lyla!

4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Looking good in blue, Butters!

5. Butters & Lyla

Could someone please help me? I want to confirm that I should be increasing Butters' dose next cycle?

The TR protocol says:

Increasing the dose:

• Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
      • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.
    It has been six cycles for Butters since she earned her reduction and she hasn't had a number under 100 since then (at least not that I've "seen"). According to the above, could I technically increase her dose tomorrow morning? I believe she meets the criteria for a dose increase, but I guess I could technically wait up to another four cycles. So I'm not sure what to do.

How do I know that this is no longer a bounce? I look at her spreadsheet, and I don't think she has had a bounce last for six cycles.
    And if it is not a bounce, is this a failed reduction?

Thank you.

6. Butters & Lyla

Hmmm. I'm supposed to give her insulin now. Curious if I did something wrong to not get my question addressed? I hope someone will let me know if that's the case, please.

I never feel that comfortable tagging people but maybe I am supposed to?

This is the first time I have ever used a message board. And where i have ever had to ask for so much help. I read the Etiquette post several times. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry no one answered your question last night. Sometimes there are just not a lot of people on the board that have the knowledge to answer. You did correctly by putting the ? icon on. If you need an answer and no one has gotten back to you, you can type "bump" and post and that will move your post to the top of the board so more people will see. You can tag people if you need to, but if they are not on the board they may not answer right away.

Did you increase this morning? It does look like she needs an increase.

8. Butters & Lyla

I have sometimes tagged if I see people online. But I don't know who specifically would have been able to help. Hopefully someone would have answered if I was definitely NOT supposed to increase. I have put some trust in the fact that people here love cats and would stop me if I was doing something unsafe.

I did increase her this morning.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Good job with the increase.