8/1 Disco AMBG 40/AMPS 70/+.5 82/+2 69/+3.25 84/+6.75 139. Photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), Aug 1, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Last condo 7/28: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...5-pmps-232-2-5-245-photo.232812/#post-2603022

Well, not condo-ing daily still...and after a couple of days of too many pinks for my liking, Disco decided that last night was the time to visit the shore. I usually get anxious and give him HC when he goes under 100, at at +7 last night (in the wee hours) he gave me a 103 and I decided to feed him a snack of 3% LC and slept through my alarm to retest in 2 hours and at his usual PS time this morning, he gave me a 40! Sigh, hindsight is always 20/20, right?! I gave him 2 tsp HC and retested in 30 min and he was up to 70 and I dosed him 2.75u and fed him his normal AM meal of raw and LC. He was up to 82 at +.5 and at +2 was 69, so I fed 2 tsp MC 12%.

I re-read the TR stickies again and I know I do it differently almost every time, but as he was 40 at the end of a cycle, I could have stalled without feeding and then if still not rising, fed LC. As I've mentioned before, because I am trying to get Disco to lose some poundage, I don't feed an LC snack at every spot test now and didn't test again after the 3am 103 BG and LC snack, I don't know how fast he was dropping and I could have steered him to stay above the 50's maybe.

So, once again at #13 cycle, he drops on me. when I was thinking with the pinks previously, he might need to go up to 3.25 again, but this morning as he dropped below 40, I did a reducie to 2.75u. Of course, I wonder if I had fed a snack of HC and not LC, would that have kept him above 40? As the carb effect only lasts a couple of hours, I am guessing not...

Today's Daily Disco photo is of the cat family lounging in their patio condo this morning, while the temps are still nice and in the mid-70's. It's been too hot for adventuring this week with temps hovering just above 100 F

Safe Surfing to all Sugar Cats this Caturday!

Attached Files:

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Cute photo! I see that Mr. Disco wants you to know who's in charge around there and that he pulled a fast one on you last night - he was in a nice slide right on down to the lagoon...and you slept through the surfing part and caught him way out there chasing sharks...so what to do? No sleeping? ha! I don't care much for that one..will he forgive you for sleeping through his surfing shenanigans? Yep, most likely...but he may sneak off to the lagoon again. FD doesn't take a break for those of us who have to work, or sleep...That's why they made auto-feeders IMHO. Gotta keep the food coming until that two hour window before AM or PM pre-shot....otherwise when those numbers are dropping like he was - from 148 to 103 he was on his way...at that point it probably would have been a good idea to bring out the medium carb food and load him up so you can get some sleep...otherwise, after that drop it would have meant setting the alarm for an hour later...just to see if the drop was continuing. He gotcha this time...you can get ahead of him next time.

Old Mr. Sneaky Disco...what a cutie pie he is...give him some scritches from me and Luci :)

3. Sue and Luci

Cute photo! I see that Mr. Disco wants you to know who's in charge around there and that he pulled a fast one on you last night - he was in a nice slide right on down to the lagoon...and you slept through the surfing part and caught him way out there chasing sharks...so what to do? No sleeping? ha! I don't care much for that one..will he forgive you for sleeping through his surfing shenanigans? Yep, most likely...but he may sneak off to the lagoon again. FD doesn't take a break for those of us who have to work, or sleep...That's why they made auto-feeders IMHO. Gotta keep the food coming until that two hour window before AM or PM pre-shot....otherwise when those numbers are dropping like he was - from 148 to 103 he was on his way...at that point it probably would have been a good idea to bring out the medium carb food and load him up so you can get some sleep...otherwise, after that drop it would have meant setting the alarm for an hour later...just to see if the drop was continuing. He gotcha this time...you can get ahead of him next time.

Old Mr. Sneaky Disco...what a cutie pie he is...give him some scritches from me and Luci :)

4. Sue and Luci

5. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your recommendation and I will be better next time… I’m not sure I actually sleep through my alarm I think what I do as I turn it off and think I’m gonna sit up and do his test and then I fall asleep again! I keep everything right next to the pillow so I don’t have to even get out of bed LOL. Maybe that’s my mistake maybe I need to put it across the room so I actually have to get up! Also, when I have used the timed feeder before, Disco knows the whirring sound of the dish moving, so I am pretty sure he will be the one eating the snack and not the other two cats, too. Once I get my spare bedroom set up/cleaned up, I can put a 3rd litter box in there and just have Disco sleeping with me if it becomes a problem on thieves stealing his snacks, LOL.

I do need to set up his auto feeder I have a petsafe 5 compartment one and have been thinking about getting a smaller two compartment one to fit in his little tent when we travel...as Nike says, just do it! So I just added it to my Chewy.com autoship of litter and it will be here on Tuesday!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    JOJI and Kit likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You aren't the first to wake up to a 40's surprise! :oops: Get's the adrenaline going doesn't it! So odd about the lucky number 13. That's a new one on me. But Disco does have his own style. :rolleyes:

7. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

LOL

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

What about a chip feeder so only Disco can access it?

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the picture. I see Disco is keeping you on your toes. I'm glad he's surfing safely today.