8/1 Oberon +10 361 AMPS 358 +4 295 +8 290 PMPS 417 +2 315 +3 299

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

yesterday

Off and running... looks like yesterday was a bounce so we'll see what happens today. Other than pre-shot checks, how often should I be checking BG at this point? I'm around and can do as much as necessary, but don't want to poke him if it's not really useful info.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A good indicator on Lantus is the +2 test. If it's about the same as the preshot, it'll be a typical Lantus cycle with some downward movement. You may still need a mid cycle test. If the +2 is quite a bit lower, then it's an active cycle needing more monitoring. If the +2 is higher, save your test strips. One caveat, the +2 works for most but not all cats. Mine it didn't, I had to use the +3 or +4 as a better indicator. She had a late onset. So do some experiments, get some +2 and some spot checks later in the cycle and see if it works for you. Then maybe a +2.5 and see if it's a better indicator. ECID - each cat is different.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Wendy! My kitty was the opposite. She had an early onset and nadir. Every cat is different (ECID).

4. Lisa & Oberon

OK, thanks! I've been doing +4 and +8 and sometimes +10, just to see what's going on. But we're still establishing the depot and I think he's bouncing from Monday's 1 U (how long does that usually last?), so we haven't gotten to any sort of stable pattern yet. Maybe I should back off for a couple of days (just pre-shot and +2?) and then run a full curve once things settle down a little?

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The 1 unit dose should be long gone. As well as any bouncing from the low blues that resulted. He could be bouncing from the mid blues he saw a couple days ago.

I think I'd mix up the testing for the next couple days. Try a couple random times tests between +2 and PMPS during the day, and a before bed test at night. If he takes six cycles to resolve the bounce (common at first) that means he should be coming down some time tomorrow. So you don't want to miss that. Any time you see a +2 higher, you can put away the test kit.

6. Lisa & Oberon

Sounds good. Thanks! PMPS was 417, the highest it's been so far. Really hoping he starts to settle down a bit.

7. Lisa & Oberon

He dropped pretty steeply at +2 last night (315), so I stayed up another hour to check at +3 (299, so I went to bed). 395 this morning at +11; I'll track at +2 and a couple of times after that.