8/12 Christy - 188 AMPS, 133 +2.25, 89 +6, 164 +9.5, 203 PMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele A & Christy, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Michele A & Christy

Michele A & Christy Member

Good numbers and good poop! :cat:

The Poop!
    When I first moved Christy onto exclusively LC food* and insulin, she went from "horrid-smelling, semi-firm, pudding poo with a topping of diarrhea" to "still-smells-like-poo-but-not-as-bad flatulent/explosive diarrhea." Yay for the decrease in horrific smell but the "explosive" part was both worrisome and messy. And she would run from the litterbox afterward without attempting to cover it up. [Honestly, I don't blame her.]

But for the past couple of days, her poop has smelled mostly normal [I mean, it's poop so it doesn't smell like flowers] and we're back to semi-firm pudding with only a touch of diarrhea at the end. And she sticks around to cover it up! :woot:

Numbers and Dosing:
    She dipped to 89 today at +6, but I went against the SLGS rules and gave her a "skinny" 1u (somewhere between 0.75u and 1u) for her PM shot instead of trying to get as close to 0.75u as possible because of the variance in glucometer readings.

She might've been far enough below 90 at +5 for me to make a 0.25u reduction, but I don't know for sure.

I'll give her another "skinny" 1u in the morning and then make sure I test at +4, +5, and +6, to catch any potential big dip. If that's a Horrible-No-Good Idea, please let me know.

*(She'd already been eating the LC foods but they were a part of a free-feed buffet that also had HC foods, so I just removed the HC foods).

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yay! Progress on the poop front.

The removal of higher carbs from her diet is reflecting in her numbers.

Btw, we do not consider meter variance when considering reductions. She did earn a reduction per SLGS to 0.75U today. Congrats! :)

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  3. Michele A & Christy

Michele A & Christy Member

Dangit. Just when I think I've "got it", turns out I don't. :-(