8/12 Mr Kitty Update - No Fluid!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by FrostD, Aug 13, 2021.

1. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Last post

I cannot quite believe this, given the recent vomiting blood and reduced appetite BUT no more fluid! It's been two weeks since his last chest tap.

He did eat normal amounts last night, I just think he's over the tiki cat. They think blood might have been when he bit the syringe, just keep an eye and let them know if happens again, there was no blood in stool.

He was in the office for an hour, I was really worried that meant lot of nasty fluid. Tech came out and said "sorry about that, he just...wasn't very nice to us" LOL "we had to give him a bath, we tried to dry him off but...that just wasn't happening"

Waiting on the vet to email me what he thinks about continuing Rutin and low fat diet.

2. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

yay!! And....a spicy cat is not that sick, right? great work!!

FrostD likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

So happy to hear that.

FrostD likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Just WOW! For once something that I was really hoping and pulling for has happened! Something wonderful has happened to a special cat and I am literally… stop to grab tissue…. getting tears in my eyes. My faith that sometimes good things can happen is slightly renewed. And this is the second good thing for Mr. K. First OTJ and now this!

5. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

FrostD likes this.
  6. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

Oh I'm so happy to hear there's no fluid!

FrostD likes this.
  7. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

I am so relieved! Mr. Kitty is a real survivor and you're taking great care of him! Hugs all around! :bighug:

FrostD likes this.
  8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Happy dance here !!!!

FrostD likes this.
  9. Suzanne & Darcy

@FrostD how is Mr. Kitty doing. Thinking about you all.

FrostD likes this.
  10. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Happy to hear the news about Mr Kitty

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Great news!!!!

Can you please be sure and change your subject line to meet the Posting Guidelines at the top of the Stickys? Thank you.

12. Suzanne & Darcy

I was just trying to get an update on Mr. Kitty. I hope it’s not a problem.

FrostD likes this.
  13. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Not really sure how to change title since I'm only testing weekly?

We're good! Last BG was 88, so remission still holding. I need to update SS. I dropped cabergoline to every 3rd day just to see what happens, BG is good but I do wonder about the other acro effects.

I put him back on regular food a week ago, just could not get the low fat in him. I also stopped the rutin a few days ago, was getting to be very difficult so just keeping an eye on him. He's his usual self, still has runny poops though and I'm not sure why.

Edit: I'm still around, mostly lurking! I've been enjoying the last two weeks of minimal cat effort, getting out of the house, etc.

14. Suzanne & Darcy

Thanks! That’s great about Mr. Kitty. I hope no fluid will return. BGs sound good. I hope you, hubby and kids are well!

FrostD likes this.
  15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

That's the best news ever Melissa, I guess Mr Kitty showed them that he didn't want to be dried off :p You're a feisty little furball Mr Kitty.
    I'm just so happy for him. I hope you all have a wonderful day ♥:bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    FrostD likes this.
  16. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so happy for you, your family and Mr. Kitty. See, miracles can happen and I think your kitty has had one. Great job taking care of him, Melissa! Best, best wishes down the road.

FrostD likes this.