8/15 Benny OTJ Day 7 AMBG 99 PMPS 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ben&Squirrel, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-14-benny-otj-day-6-ambg-94-pmbg-89.267111/

The Benster woke up hungry. Squirrel has CKD and is reluctant to eat low-protein foods, even previously okay Fancy Feast foods, but will try to eat Benny's LC Weruva, so I gave up and split a can between them this morning. I thought they would be okay until Second Breakfast in two hours but they were 100% not fooled and required me to open a second can before they would consider breakfast over. They both ate well, so I'm happy.

I hope everyone has such easy things to make it a happy day for them and their babies!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 7! Halfway there! :):):):):cat::cat::cat:

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  3. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

Day 7! Keep on rockin' it, Benny!

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  4. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

5. Amy & Herman

Amy & Herman Well-Known Member

Just took a glance at Benny’s spreadsheet as I’m trying to compare and learn from as many examples as possible. I found it very encouraging, what a turnaround he’s done.

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  6. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Yes, he really flipped a switch! I feel very fortunate. Taking the advice of the veterans here made all the difference.

7. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

'....Bring before me what is mine. At the seven seas of Rhye....'

Happy day 7!
    :bighug::bighug::D:D:D:bighug::bighug:

Today's might be a challenge not a super well known song....but super well known band ;);):bookworm::bookworm:

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  8. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

I can't click like on this enough. It is so very frustrating to me when people join the group and then balk at the guidance given. They end up no longer posting here and I wonder what became of their poor kittahs.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  9. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I had to look this one up but it's a great song and a fantastic band. Thank you for #7!

I agree! I worry about them.

Rainbow Conti likes this.
  10. Amy & Herman

Yes I’m totally on board with the advice here and my new vet has been supportive of it too. I will show Herman Benny’s ss tonight and make him study it. :bookworm:

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

HAPPY DAY SEVEN

[​IMG]

12. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Just looking at your SS I can tell that you are a careful and dedicated catmom. Herman is lucky!

Thanks @Diane Tyler's Mom :D

Amy & Herman likes this.
  13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you , I am a neurotic lol By the way he's Tyler not Herman lol

Amy & Herman likes this.
  14. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I was talking to Amy and Herman for the first part of my response. But you are an outstanding catmom too--I know you to be very dedicated as well as very helpful to us!! :bighug:

Amy & Herman likes this.
  15. Amy & Herman

I’m trying! I figure if there is any chance whatsoever for remission I have to give it my all. As it just so happens it looks like aiming for remission, whether you get there or not, is best for his overall health in dealing with this disease anyway. I see the words neurotic on some posts below. I definitely fall into that category :rolleyes: …I’m just so upset that I lost such valuable time after diagnosis because I trusted my previous vet and was afraid to question things. how sad is that. :(

16. Diane Tyler's Mom

Whoops now I see it :banghead::bighug:

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  17. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I lost time just because I was scared. It took these guys a long time to pry my fingers loose from the doorway before I could shoot at a BG under like...200. I regret that, but I know that it was the best I could do when overwhelmed and scared for my baby. You're more proactive than I was! You'll get there.

Holly and Sunny Bear likes this.