8-16 Little Man AMPS 114/+2 97/+3 74/+4 75/PMPS 111/+2 81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rainbow Conti, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He's driving between +2 and +3 as well. In the PM cycle. Is he getting the 5% at +1 and +2?

Rainbow Conti likes this.
  3. Rainbow Conti

He gets the 5% if his preshot is 120 or above. But only at +1. His normal raw snack at +2. And normal raw if below 120 preshot

4. Bandit's Mom

Got that. Wondering if he needs some carbs at +2 as well.

5. Rainbow Conti

Maybe but he doesnt seem to be really diving. I mean at this point I'm willing to try anything. I thi k we are heading back to 1.25u but I know he dives a lot more at that dose so kind of holding out hoping he will flatten out

6. Rainbow Conti

I still dont necessarily want to give him more carbs if he is below 120. He seems to achieve the below 120 by +2 even if he starts higher. So that's been my logic for the raw at +2.

7. Bandit's Mom

Got it. In cycles like 8/14, he dove 40 points between +2 and +3. I wondered about going up to 1.25U myself, but will that only increase the diving and bouncing? You could try it and see. Nothing ventured and all that!
    Let's see what @tifmaxee thinks

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Little Man slides down and surfs safely today.

9. Rainbow Conti

Ok he is still able to get into the 70s on this dose. I'll check in an hour again before I go to work to see if he is on his way up again. I dont think that was enough of a drop to warrant a bounce though.

@tiffmaxee I think the tag Bhooma made is misspelled and you may not have gotten it. I was thinking we maybe heading back up to 1.25u but I'm also concerned as he dives and bounces a lot more at that dose. I know I could feed the curve but if im feeding higher carb all the time doesnt it defeat purpose of higher dose?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Looks likes you have been feeding only lc, right? I think I would go back to 1.25 i and continue feeding raw/lc and see if he dives. You could add just a tiny amount of mc if he drops a lot. I really don't see lots of diving even before. He stayed in low blues and greens. That is why I was saying I would not reduce some of the times. I think he onsets sometimes at +1. When I see lots of blues over 110 I think he's doing well at the dose unless a lot of time is spent in low 50's. I know others feel differently.

11. Rainbow Conti

So I have been feeding only lc/raw except for +1 where his preshot is over 120. Then I give 5% but only at the +1

Yes I have noticed sometimes he onsets at +1 and sometimes its between +2 and +3.

So you're saying when his preshots are over 110 it indicates he is doing well on the dose?

I ride the fence on the increase but only because he does have a tendency to be dramatic LOL. I also notice at the 1.25 he seemed to stay green longer

I think I will go for the increase tomorrow morning. Easier for my count if I do it on the am cycle. Plus not gonna lie i need sleep. Been working a lot longer hours and battling lupus fatigue

12. tiffmaxee

To me a reduction should be taken if mostly green and the few blues are under 110 if if the string of greens is in low 50’s and you need mc to keep up. Others feel under 120. When I see lots of blue and sone BG in blue after amps and pmps it seems the dose is working even if lots of green. It’s an every cat is different kind of thing and how it’s interpreted. I’m not saying I am right.

13. Rainbow Conti

And then he pulls this tonight after an increase decision had been made for tomorrow morning:banghead:

So advice now...do I see what happens cycle by cycle or just go for it and increase in the morning? I realize I may get more than one opinion so no worries I welcome all opinions and then weigh it out :):bighug::bighug:

@tiffmaxee
    @Bandit's Mom
    @FrostD

FrostD likes this.
  14. tiffmaxee

See what he does tonight. If green I would hold this dose.