? 8/2 Cheeto AMPS 466, +2 487

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SaraW1983, Aug 2, 2020.

1. SaraW1983

SaraW1983 Member

Hi all! So, Wednesday night I changed Cheeto out at a lower dose of 0.5 units. I have successfully held that dose for both AM and PM shots everyday. Tomorrow will be 5 days held at that dose. I am feeling I need to increase to 0.75 units for a while? I haven't had any greens, and only one blue number this whole time. At least I feel like I am starting somewhere instead of trying to work backward.

Would you start the increase tonight, or wait until tomorrow mornings' shot? Thanks!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Have you decided which dosing method you want to use? That decisions influenced how we answer dosing questions. Your SS says "poss TR". If you know for sure, could you put TR or SLGS in your signature.

For continuity, here is the link to your previous post here: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-29-cheeto-amps-109.232842/
    In that post, Chris had suggested 0.75 units, so I'm not sure why you went back to 0.5 units. If you are following TR, I would definitely increase. Can you monitor better in the AM vs. PM? Some cats show a little action the first cycle, some don't.

How is Cheeto feeling/behaving otherwise? Cats are more than their numbers, and only you can see that part.

SaraW1983 likes this.
  3. SaraW1983

SaraW1983 Member

I will update my SS and signature. I have decided on TR. I had gotten response on the Facebook forum before I had received any responses here, and I went with 0.5 units off of suggestion there. I see that was too much of a drop and I should have gone in between. I work full-time, so getting more AM tests in is tricky and not always possible, except on days off.

Cheeto is doing great!! She is very active and playful. Very affectionate, which she wasn't for a long while before diagnosis and while on Vetsulin. Her coordination has improved tremendously during her time on Lantus. She has a healthy appetite, doesn't drink all the water dishes dry anymore, and urination is decreased. Yay!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The FB groups aren't the best source for dosing suggestions. The one associated with FDMB is not supposed to give dosing suggestions and a lot of the others are ... we'll just leave it at that.

Awesome report on Cheeto! Insulin is agreeing with her. :) Good job. Love to hear with the old behaviours come back.

SaraW1983 likes this.
  5. SaraW1983

SaraW1983 Member

:facepalm: Eek! Oops! I will keep my more direct questions here. I will get the hang of this yet. Working with others besides my Vet is all new territory. :)

I am thrilled to have my girl back to her old ways, for sure!:joyful: