8/2 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS = 340

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-1-gideon-blue-amps-261.232935/

I was hoping for a nice YELLOW number this morning, but Gideon was in the RED last night, so we got PINK. It would be nice to see some more nice BLUE numbers soon. He is acting so loveable. It is unbelievable what a personality change he has had since he became a tripod in April '20. He gets around fairly well, and can run when he wants. Stairs are no problem for him either.

Side note: I had to stay at work a bit later than normal this morning. For the first time, my husband drew up the Lantus, then emailed me a pic of the syringe before he gave it. He has no problems doing the glucose test, or making sure Gideon eats, but just had never pulled up the Lantus. He even knows which food to feed if he is running low. Good guy!

Have a nice day, ya all!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You are so lucky that your husband can now help you. I was solo and it is draining.

3. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

I know. I have great respect for those that manage their fur babies by themselves.
    Gideon's BG at 6+ was 398, which is higher than his AMPS today. Last time his values were like this he went to the BLACK on his PMPS. Then next day GREEN mid-day, so wondering if he will follow this pattern and bounce. We will just have to wait and see.

4. tiffmaxee

Just when you think you have him figured out he might throw you a curveball. Diabetic cats just are rarely predictable. They like to keep us guessing, especially bouncy ones. ;)

Shiloh567 likes this.
  5. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

PMPS = 406. Yup can't figure this boy out. So, will he be in the BLACK by morning?

6. tiffmaxee

He’s still bouncing. Frustrating I know. :bighug:

Shiloh567 likes this.