8/2 Oberon +11 395, AMPS 404, +2 299, +4 216, +6 190, +8 181, PMPS 335, +2 336

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

yesterday

Off we go... let's see if he comes down from this bounce today. Last night he dropped pretty dramatically at +2 so I stayed up and checked at +3. Missed doing an early morning check- my husband did the poke but Oberon wouldn't let him near him with the strip. Shook his head instead and my kitchen looks like a crime scene. :rolleyes:

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Has your DH tried the trick of putting the blood drop on his fingernail, then testing from there? I think we've all had crime test test spots. :p

Sixth cycle after those blues, hopefully that means you'll see blue today or tonight.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  3. Lisa & Oberon

216 at +4, which is the lowest he's been at that time point. I think I'll keep checking every 2 hours just to see how this goes. Looks like we're heading for blue!

We're going to try the fingernail trick... you should see my kitchen table. I really can't complain too much, though... he hops right up here when he hears the zipper of the test kit so he can get his ham. He just doesn't like feeling something on his ear.

4. Wendy&Neko

Make sure it's not honey ham!

5. Lisa & Oberon

Oh, I hadn't even thought about that! I'll have to check. He's only getting a little piece, but still. Maybe we'll switch over to chicken.

6. Wendy&Neko

Some of the deli meats, including chicken, are brined, which means soaked in water, sugar and salt. Plain boiled or baked chicken bits are good.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  7. Lisa & Oberon

Yep, blue!

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

He'll get used to you messing with his ears...just pet him and rub his ears every time you can...soon he'll start to enjoy it. And he'll think it's his idea to ask you to pet his ears :)

9. Lisa & Oberon

PMPS is 335. I think we're doing pretty well here! I'll check at +2 and then off to bed unless something looks weird.

Sue and Luci likes this.