8/22 Max - 2nd needle dose - AMPS 97, +3 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca & Max (GA), Aug 22, 2020.

1. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Rebecca & Max (GA) Member

8/21 post

Decided to try needle shots with Max to see how things go. He's back to eating his Weruva pouches again, (after his poop-palooza) so I'm guessing he gets constipated on FF. I was a bit worried to see his PM cycle +6.5 at 101, but he's holding in the greens for now. Fingers crossed he'll keep heading towards OTJ.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Looking good Max. LOL poop-palooza...thankfully it ended. I know you you were ready for the "grand poo-nalee".:p
    Keep working that teeny tiny dose Max. The falls are calling you!!
    Have a great evening Rebecca

Rebecca & Max (GA) likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Exciting! Have you tried a teaspoon of pumpkin once or twice a day for constipation?

4. Rebecca & Max (GA)

He gets 1/8 tsp of Miralax 1-2x a day (as does our CKD kitty). He might not have been constipated, but three good-sized ‘poop nuggets’ (okay, really logs, we just use the the term nugget here) about two hours apart made me think he was slightly backed up. He wanted nothing to do with cat food after snarfing down cans of FF like he’d been starving fur two days. I think some of the ingredients might mess with his GI track a little. This happened slightly once before (but he’d still eat his Weruva pouches). However, he is a cat and that says plenty. I wondered if pumpkin would mess with BGLs at all but I know how good it is for cats and dogs, and had seen it suggested on the FDMB Facebook group.

5. Rebecca & Max (GA)

:joyful:

I wasn’t sure if his lack of interest in food was because he was a cat, the hot weather we’ve been having, or because he had to poop! o_O

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Max got both Miralax and pumpkin and it didn’t effect his bg.