8/27 Fin AMPS 131, +1 131, +3 79

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Finster, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Finster

Finster Member

FrostD and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

He is having a great cycle today. Here’s where you probably should decide if you are going to go with start low go slow or the modified ProZinc method - he dropped below 90 today - with the MPM method he would need to go below 68 on an Alpha Trak to earn a reduction.

Finster and FrostD like this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Finster likes this.
  4. Finster

Finster Member

If I'm understanding the sticky on MPM I need to monitor closely. I will not be able to do that during the week. I can find the nadir on the weekends or maybe set my alarm and test the night. I want to use the method that will most likely ensure remission. From his previous numbers at 1 unit I feel like he will go below 68 even on the go slow method. I'm not really sure how to understand his numbers and see the big picture. I get nervous when the numbers dip too low but if I understand correctly low numbers are necessary evil.
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-27-fin-amps-131-1-131-3-79.267645/

5. Finster

Finster Member

Thank you Diane. Does it look correct?

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

The one I showed you in my post #3 where I said this would be your previous post is the one you should have put in your list #1
    So when you start your new post for today 8-28 you will link the post for 8-27 to it
    Do you see it , it's the one in that long line up top that's above the pic of that cat .
    That's what you will copy and paste to today's when you start it
    @Finster

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Suzanne & Darcy

8. Suzanne & Darcy

I definitely think that 1 unit would be too much insulin for him. He’s doing well on this dose, although I would like to see some of those higher end greens that he’s had a few times on this dose, too. How is he currently acting on the .25 dose - appetite? Activity level? Do you think he’s starting to het used to being in lower numbers?

9. Finster

Finster Member

He is sleeping more but his appetite is good and yesterday when he was at 79 he wasn't hiding or hissing like he's done in the past. It's been four days on .25 but he didn't show green at all like he normally does-I only monitored till +4.

FrostD likes this.
  10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

What we can also do is SLGS but modify the point at which you take a reduction. He has very nice, fairly flat cycles so I'm not too worried about him dropping drastically, but safety first, especially if appetite isn't consistent.

Quick glance, I'd use 75-ish as reduction point and see how he does.

You'll want to hold the 0.25U for a total of a week (starting 8/25 given the skipped shot) minimum and then decide what to do. We can help with that. If his nadir creeps up and you don't see many greens, we'd consider an increase. But if he keeps having nadirs roughly 75-90 then we'd just continue to hold the dose.

Finster and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  11. Suzanne & Darcy

The not hiding and hissing and appetite is good! I feel like that is progress in and of itself. I would hold this dose for now - and as Melissa mentioned anyway- it needs to be held for a week unless he earns a reduction.

Finster likes this.
  12. Finster

Finster Member

I agree, he looks comfy and that progress :) I'll hold the .25 for the rest of the week. Should I monitor as often as possible? or just preshot? Also, I have a three day weekend coming up so I'll be able to monitor more closely.

FrostD likes this.
  13. Finster

Finster Member

Thank you for your help. I will hold at .25 and see how he does.

FrostD likes this.
  14. Suzanne & Darcy

I think you should try to at least get - on work days- a +2 to see if you need to do anything to intervene. And then, depending on when you are at home, get a few tests in each cycle. Look at your spreadsheet and see where you think his nadir is and also see if you can get any tests (this next three day weekend) to fill in the “gaps” on his spreadsheet (hours where you don’t have a lot of tests.)

15. Finster

Finster Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-27-fin-amps-131-1-131-3-79.267645/#post-2994305
    Thank you Diane, I started a new thread and I think I correctly linked yesterdays thread. Hopefully.

FrostD likes this.