8/28 Bear Man Oldtimer update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Linda and Bear Man, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Two weeks ago: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22378

I didn't open a Bear man condo last week :shock: as the kitties and I were enjoying a wonderful visit with Jane (of Jack and Jane and Karre), who came from South Africa to visit us. We all loved meeting her, and we miss her :sad:

Bear has skipped two Aranesp shots, and his PCV has been holding at around .28 - .29. It looks like he may be able to hold around that level with a shot every 3rd week. We could be more aggressive with getting his PCV higher, but .29 is comfortable, and it's not worth risking the side effects. He was feeling a bit unwell during Jane's visit, but a blood panel did not turn up anything other than his creatinine value getting higher (200 / US equivalent = 2.26). The vet has decreased Bear's Baytril dosage, as his weight has decreased, and she would like to cut it out entirely, due to the possibility that it is contributing to his seizures nailbite_smile

Edited to add: Bear's BG numbers have been a bit erratic. One day while Jane was here, I wandered home two hours late and found him with a +14 of 52 :shock: so I decreased his dose. It was likely because he was not feeling well, and not eating much. I had previously skipped a couple of shots that were below my comfort level. The numbers have crept up again now, and I am still tinkering with his dose.

Miss Emily's creatinine has also worsened (251 / US 2.84) :eek: Clearly, my CRF management skills suck. She is on the max dose of Gabapentin for her arthritis pain, but she is still walking with great difficulty. Teddy and Pinkerton are well, and are missing all of the extra attention they received from Jane :cry:

Bear's labwork: https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0Bw ... y=CLrd_PkF
    Emily's labwork: https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0Bw ... y=CLXPuZIF

Here are some photos of Bear Man enjoying some attention from Jane, and another photo of him just generally being cute (clickable thumbnails).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Aranesp history:
    July 15 PCV=.18 Shot of iron dextran and Aranesp 6.25 mcg given.
    July 22 PCV= .20 Shot of Aranesp 6.25 mcg given. BP stable.
    July 29 PCV = .28 Aranesp shot skipped. BP stable.
    Aug 3 PCV = .28 Aranesp shot skipped. BP stable. Bloodwork done and hematocrit = .33!
    Aug 10 PCV = .26 -.27 Aranesp 6.25 mcg given. BP a bit lower than last week.
    Aug 17 PCV = .29 BP higher than last week. Aranesp shot skipped.
    Aug 24 PCV = .28 BP higher than 8/17. Aranesp shot skipped.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Linda

nice to see a Bear Man report this morning.

really cute pics too, sounds like you had a nice visit with Jane.
    I don't know anything about labs, so I'll leave that to those who know best.
    But just want to wish you a good day with your babies (((((hugs))))

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Linda....so great to read your report this morning...those pictures are great to see. I am glad you had such a good time with Jane... I know nothing of lab results either ....but I am able to send hugs to you and your babies... :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: Hope you all have a great weekend!

4. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Hello,Linda!
    Just stop to read Your report and wish You all the best for You and furries !
    have a grat day!

5. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Just wanted to stop in and wish you, Bear Man, and all the kitties a good weekend.

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Bear Man! Glad to see you looking so dapper, and handsome. Nice too that you had such a great visit with Jane - how great was that! I know zippo on the labs too - but wish you guys the best! Take care, and Bear Man - keep on truckin'! lookin' good.

7. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Thank you for putting a smile on my face this a.m. Linda, bearman and crew! Such beautiful photos.

Linda,
    I know the increasing creatinine can be discouraging. But in the scheme of things try to remember they are not too bad at all! :)

You are incredible, as are all your furry friends.

Thank you again for posting an update!

8. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the pictures and it is always good to see a Bear update!

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That's so nice that you got to meet and visit with Jane. I was missing your Caturday report last week.

Wishing you and your furbabys a great week ahead. Thanks for the beautiful photos of your boy. He is very handsome :D

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I love that Bear. :smile: I look forward to Caturday and seeing more pictures of him. It sounds like you had a busy week!

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Linda...this past fll_moon Full Green Corn Moon Party was very different from any other that we have had. It was raining here all day and by night time, it started up again. There was no moon visible at all! Raja had asked that everyone wear green no matter what their BGs were that day...she had the place decorated with that color...it was everywhere! We had tents and tables and chairs and all the kitties had a great time, but it didn't really seem like the usual Full Moon party that they have been used to.
    Bear Man and Teddy's absences just added to the strangeness of the night...

That was a late night for many Beans....with Shadow going to 30, Putty was scuba diving too and Mannie as down at the bottom of the sea with them~~~and then even Alex pulled a 44 at 1 am!! Whew! The boys were pulled form the party while their Beans got gravy and karo into them and well, with Bear Man and Teddy missing too, it was just not the same at all!! Raja was taking all the credit for the low numbers since the GREEN theme was her idea.
    It was actually partly Libby's fault too though. The August Moon is called the Full Sturgeon Moon in most places but the Green Corn Moon was also used sometimes. Libby said that she liked the latter name best so we began calling it that. Some of the kitties took it literally. I personally hold both Libby & Raja responsible for the side shows that went on that night! :lol:

So, moving right along...I hope you will remember Sept 23 because that is the next fll_moon It is on the day of the Autumn Equinox and is called the Harvest Moon this year....Please remember that date, Linda ....we hope to see Bear Man & Teddy there...so don't forget! :mrgreen:

12. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

Hi Linda! And Bear Man, and Teddy, and Miss. Emily and Pinkerton! :smile:

Don't you dare say you suck at anything, especially with regards to your CRF management skills! Just so you know, if it ever becomes an issue with Punk and I, you will be my "Go-to" gal. I think Pat is on to something about Bear Man's 52 and the moon, Punk had a green pmps last week which was pretty much out of character for her and sure enough when I checked, it was the day after the full moon.

Have the great caturday with your kitties.

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

I read that the August moon was the smallest...since it is this moon that is the furthest away...
    It was weird how so many kitties went much lower around the day of that moon....interesting,, no?

14. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I came home from work to feces, vomit, and urine (walked in and trekked around) all over the floor. I added a few sticky footprints of my own. I'm guessing there is glucose in that urine. He needed a foot and leg bath. I am already suspicious about that Baytril reduction. Some days are harder than others, both for me and for him, I guess.

15. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

((Linda)) I hope he feels better real soon....

16. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Linda, i was happy to read a Bear and family update, then read further down. Hope everyone feels better soon.

17. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sorry about the "welcome home." I guess Bear isn't having the best of days and it's no fun for his bean, either.

18. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Bear's treatment plan is working. Sorry about the issues you came home to, but I guess that means he was feeling well enough to be out and about, right?

19. stephanie & Ti-Mi (GA)

stephanie & Ti-Mi (GA) Member

Nice pictures! Can't get enough of Bear man :)

20. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Linda)))) sorry about the mess.

Even Jazzy was 105 the morning after the full moon. There was definitely something going on here that night.

21. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((linda)))
    sorry about the mess. hope things are better tomorrow...

22. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Bear Man - I am glad to hear that your hct numbers are staying up. Now - if you could remember what litter boxes are for.......

23. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Linda)))) hope Bear Man is feeling better today I enjoyed seeing the pictures you posted and so happy you had a good visit with your friend :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

24. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Linda, I missed everyone's condos yesterday, so didn't get to read about Bear and his family. He's looking pretty good, despite the messy greeting you got on your return. So nice to read that Jane's visit was such fun for all. We hope you and your kitties will have a great week ahead. Thanks so much for keeping your eye on Stu. I really appreciate your help and your insight.

Ella & Stu

25. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

such a nice visit for all w/ jane and now this. cat(2)_steam

re your suspicion of the baytril reduction. was that before or after his surprising number?
    baytril always raised Winnie's numbers. yep even after infection gone. *sometimes* it would take a few days or so to get the effect out of her system. other times numbers tanked more quickly. dose reductions, etc.. ensued.
    wondering if that had an initial impact on his numbers and then .... well..... body needed more to keep things in check? how are numbers now? back up?
    I'm sure you will figure it out and he will be feeling better soon.
    nice to see his response to the aranesp holding up.

as for this:
    Clearly, my CRF management skills suck.

eh gads woman ! bite your tongue ! you're the best-- they are all so lucky to have you.
    take care of you, k?

Thanks for the update on all the furries. Scritches all around !

ps. did you ever decide about the azodyl? I can't remember :?

26. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

What great pix! He is a very handsome boy. Very nice update. I hope Bear Man's tummy is feeling better though.

laur

27. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Hope Bear man is feeeling better today.
    You do a wonderful job of keeping up wiht all these guys need. No matter how on top of things we may be there will be times that sh%# happens (pun intended).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.