8/3 Bruno 353 pspm: 414 +2: 346 +4: 329

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by aochoa, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aochoa

aochoa Member

I thought yesterday afternoon he was clearing the bounce, but apparently not :sad: Keeping the same dose today night will be the 10 time we shot 0.325u

Nice close to nadir number, not great but not bad, but pspm is very high again. I thought we were off the reds already :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=122782

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Re: 8/3 Bruno psam:364 +3:266 +7: 142 +10: 353

the 142 mid day today might be what he got to when he cleared. either that, or he may clear it tonight. hard to say. i see the pmps 414 (interesting that you were updating his ss while i was looking at it!) so perhaps that is a "high before the break." some cats get to a gigantic high before they come barreling down when a bounce clears.

i'd get a +2 tonight and see if he's coming down fast. If so, intervene with some low carb food to slow him down. you want drops of less than 50/hr if possible. a drop faster than that can trigger another bounce, just from the speed.

3. aochoa

aochoa Member

Re: 8/3 Bruno psam:364 +3:266 +7: 142 +10: 353 pspm: 414

yes, I was updating the ss and our post at the same time you were looking at it ;-)

Yes, I will do a +2. I was almost convince we needed the 0.5u but after the 142 at+7 I;m not sure about it. Specially if tomorrow I will not be home to test and I just read a couple of post about cats going hypo on the FB page :sad:

So, we are holding and hoping to cleat the bounce at some point. I am not so worry since I see him more active and happy that some weeks ago. I think those green days helped him to feel a little bit better and more himself. Today I had a running kitty all over the apartment¡ Can that get his numbers higher?

4. julie & punkin (ga)

exercise helps the cells be more receptive to insulin, which is a very good thing. it actually lowers BGs - so any exercise you can get him to do is good.

yes, i saw the post about the hypo from last year. all i can say is that if people are hometesting, it's not common to have a symptomatic hypo. almost always that is from people who aren't hometesting. it's tragic, though. i saw the post about the cat who went blind and OTJ from it, with seizures. the best thing in the world is for people to come here, learn to hometest, and learn how the insulin works in their own cat's body so that never happens.

i think with your situation of being gone for whole cycles at a time, it's critical for him to be able to get food during the days, and you might need to let him run a little higher. it's too bad, but you've got to work with your life.

5. aochoa

aochoa Member

I know, it makes me feel kind of guilty but I quote what I posted on FB:

Bruno went as low as 18 once that's in US numbers because in our numbers we got 1 on vets metes on 0 on my meter. He was staying at the vet for his curve (already 8 days¡) and when I arrive there I saw him too slow, not purring didn't wanted to eat or drink. I told the vet he didn't seem right, they tested again (they were testing every hour!) and I saw on his chart he was 31 one hour before and they did nothing, when they tested and saw the super low number, they called another vet for counseling! Finally, and thank God on time, they reacted and made a shot of glucose to the vein. One hour later he was 40. I was lucky that even he went so low, they were no seizures, no coma, and he was just slower than usually. What I am trying to say, is that this things happen even testing every hour, even at the vet's.

I hate that the vet was so negligent to not do anything when he saw him coming down. It was 8 pm when I arrived at the vets and they waited until 10pm to actually gave him the glucose intravenous injection.

We went there again, because they supposed to be the best clinic in Kiev, when he got diarrhea some weeks ago and the first thing he told, since his numbers were good at that time, it like: hey, we made it¡¡¡ I think he saw the look on my face and said like ok, YOU did it.

I seriously don´t know what will happen if I was not at the vet and insisted something was wrong.

6. julie & punkin (ga)

wow, ana, that is a frightening story. Bruno's so lucky to have you on his side! i'm glad he survived that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.