8/31 Naomi AMPS 90 +5 62 PMPS 68 +2 36 +3 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yanna, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Yanna

Yanna Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...8-59-11-41-pmps-52-63-77-83-1-79-2-80.234359/

I think Naomi earned a reduction!

I'm really worried because I'm going back to work tomorrow. I was expecting to start 2 weeks later but I have to go back tomorrow.

In the mornings i'm going to leave at 7:30, no one will be at home until 14:00. I can't just give her insulin and leave. Even if I change the PS time to an earlier one, checking @ +1, +2 even +3 won't be enough.

I was off work for about 3 months and had plenty of time to monitor enough. What would be safe for her now is to shoot at 14:00 and then at 1:30 or 2:00. That would give me 5,5 -6 hours of testing before I leave home. I'll have to set the alarm every hour, I will lose my sleep, but I can't think of anything else at the moment. The dose is high, I shoot greens, she's not eating well... and I want so much to regulate her BG after all these years. I don't want to ruin it now

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Definitely earned a reduction. New dose 3.75. Do you have an auto feeder? I have to run out now but will return later with some suggestions. For now read the sticky on working full time and following TR if that’s what you are doing.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Yanna likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the reduction! Oh yes, with that 36 last night she has earned a reduction. And before that she earned a reduction with the 46 and 41...you really should have reduced with the AM shot on 8/31.

If you haven't already read this stickie, here it is: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ion-possible-with-a-full-time-job-yes.129378/

Do you have an auto-feeder?

I find it's a lifesaver for when you (and lots of other people) cannot be home all day to monitor. Leave plenty of food in the automatic feeder so that the compartments open at regular intervals. As long as food is available she should be ok.

Several people here get up about two hours before leaving for work and get an AMPS right away...then you can get a 1+ and a 2+ prior to leaving and feed accordingly. If she's going lower and lower, leave MC in the feeder to prop her up.

Please reduce her dose for the next shot...hopefully by the time you start back to work she'll have adjusted to that and won't be going quite so low.

tiffmaxee and Yanna like this.
  4. Sue and Luci

We were both typing the same thing at the same time :)

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. Yanna

Yanna Member

Thanks!

I thought long term diabetics need three numbers below 50 to earn a reduction. Maybe I am wrong then

I could buy an auto feeder but she wouldn't eat. I have to spoon feed her. There are days that she is not interested in food at all. Plus chances are that my other cats will serve themselves!

I could change the shot time to 2-3 hours earlier, I don't mind waking up early. But it's not enough to get a +3 number. What will happen at +4, +5 +6 if she won't eat on her own? No one will be around to check on her.

I'm trying Zofran again hoping to have some luck

6. Sue and Luci

Nope, you're not wrong, but I didn't think you were in the 'long term' category just yet because I was looking at your SS and not your signature - I see that she was diagnosed 08/2017,so yes, she's considered long term...

I use the same - 3 x under 50 or 1 x under 40 earns Luci a reduction. She has a history of not holding reductions well...

Usually kitties will eat something when their numbers drop. Why don't you experiment with the time you have left before returning to work. See if she'll go to the autofeeder and eat the food there.

Luci runs to hers when she hears the turning sound...always on the lookout for a tasty morsel.

7. Yanna

Yanna Member

I have no time left, actually I'm going to work in 6 hours. It's already Tuesday in Greece. We're 8 hours ahead I think.

I'll order an auto feeder anyway and place it next to her bed, maybe the sound of the door opening make her get up and eat something.

tiffmaxee and Sue and Luci like this.