8/4 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS = 451 - My Bouncy Boy!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

2. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

I feel for you! Milo has been all over the place into purples and reds yesterday after a dose increase that initially looked really good. I am learning about new dose wonkiness. Now in the blue for the first time PS. Our kitties are tricky!
    I see your boy has been on Lantus since May. Is all this bouncing around typical? We just made the switch less than 2 weeks ago.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Actually I think he’s still bouncing from the 134 the other day. If it doesn’t clear in a few more cycles I would be thinking of an increase. Let’s see what he does. @Sam1969 Cats bounce when their bg drops lower than they are used to. Some cats bounce a lot and some not so much. Some cats never stop bouncing but most do it less and less. My boy bounced his first year but eventually became tightly regulated.

4. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

That makes sense. I am still learning and trying to sort out Milo and his reactions. I hope Gideon starts evening out

5. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Yes, I hope our fur babies settle in to some nice colors. I am really hesitant to increase at this point. We have a Maine vac planned in less than 2 weeks. The pet sitter and vet tech will hold the fort down again. I was really hoping Gideon would be in better shape numbers wise before we left. It is quite strange that he has had a personality change for the good. He was always a very sweet boy, but now if he sees any of us, he becomes very dog like, and demands attention. He won't take no for an answer. Of course, we give in as he is head butting us, and nearly knocking us out. He just loves to be kissed and hugged. Not sure if the diabetes has softened him or becoming a tripod has. Today, I saw him sitting very, very close to our other male kitty Ezekiel, which Gideon doesn't normally do. Oh, the personalities of cats!

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha likes this.
  6. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Oh, that’s good news about Gideon!!
    My Singha was always my “cellar dweller” and for 9 years he was very stand-offish and no cuddles etc. Last summer he had an obstruction in his intestines and needed surgery. He was also diagnosed with a heart murmur and diabetes (which now seems to be in remission.... fingers crossed!!) He has become the BIGGEST snuggler, loving us (particularly me) all the time. The personality change was a complete 180. My vet can’t really explain it but I believe that he has “grateful kitty syndrome” as I call it. And he must have been feeling better with the insulin but I don’t believe he was diabetic all his life.... strange but I love Singha 2.0 even more than 1.0 kitty!!

Shiloh567 likes this.
  7. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Oh... and a good news update: Milo is eating the raw duck and his behaviour is so much more normal today. All numbers are lower than before (yellows and blue to start the day). The dose increase seems to be making a difference. Yay!!!

KittenTheCat and Shiloh567 like this.